Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2018, 06:22 AM   #1

AC won't shut off after accidental disconnect

My wife accidentally hit the house battery disconnect switch when the AC units were both running. She disengaged the disconnect switch and everything came back up and running. However, the front AC will not shutoff when it reaches the temperature set point. It keeps running no matter how cold it is getting. The temperature does show accurately on the silverleaf panel. The rear AC is working fine.

Any ideas on how to remedy? Is there a method to reset the unites through the silverleaf?
Gonna_Wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2018, 06:40 AM   #2

I would power down the whole RV by pulling the shore cord and shut the battery off again.

Give it a few seconds and power it up normally.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:09 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is a common problem that I have had with my 2013, which was not controller by silverleaf. It required a complete shutdown of 12v for the thermostat and 110v for the ac units.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:26 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Just going to throw this out there... Are you SURE the fan for that AC is set to "AUTO"??
Old 08-28-2018, 08:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth01 View Post
Just going to throw this out there... Are you SURE the fan for that AC is set to "AUTO"??
This is what I was wondering too...just the fan, not the compressor.
FullTime2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:57 AM   #6

Thanks to all for the tips. The system self corrected after turning the AC on and off a few times. I was going to do a full shut down as as suggested but didn't need to. The fan was on Auto and I switched it between high, low, and auto a few times. I'm not sure if anything I did actually caused it to correct but it is working fine now.
Gonna_Wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:10 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I had a similar problem several times. As far as I could tell the fan kept running even though it was set to auto. The compressor was cycling on and off according to the thermostat settings. I fixed it by pulling the fuse for the thermostat for a few seconds.

I don't know what triggered this and I couldn't reproduce it while at Newmar so they didn't do anything.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxg0001 View Post
I had a similar problem several times. As far as I could tell the fan kept running even though it was set to auto. The compressor was cycling on and off according to the thermostat settings. I fixed it by pulling the fuse for the thermostat for a few seconds.

I don't know what triggered this and I couldn't reproduce it while at Newmar so they didn't do anything.
This has happened a couple of times on my rig, either pulling a fuse or doing a thermostat reset, has fixed it both times. Don't you just love Dometic........
Magredvet is offline   Reply With Quote