Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2022, 08:39 AM   #1

Access Behind Panel

Howdy, I have a 2020 4081 DS. Can anyone advise me on how the panel to the side of the driver under the power window comes off. I have a rattle in the window I want to address. I thought I would also run the secondary window switch wires while I was in there. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	side panel.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	354223  
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lrwinddancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2022, 09:44 AM   #2

I used a 1" wide flat wood chisel that I carefully inserted under the lip of the switch panel on one of the long sides and pried up a little and also push in under the switch flange as well to help release the retaining tabs and then held that section up with a flat blade screw driver and then moved the chisel down further on that side and continued to pry and that one side would finally release fully. Then moved to the opposite side and did the same and the switch bezel will pop out. Be careful not to scratch the brushed aluminum. I am not sure that you will see anything helpful regarding your window rattle issue from this alone-more surgery may be required.
UMXHAULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 12:44 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I did the same thing UMXHAULER did so I could access the little nuts underneath the panel that hold the brushed aluminum cover on. The nuts forward and near the dash are a PITA to get to unless you have gorilla arms. I can't remember if I was able to access the nuts from below and in the opening in the side panel as its really hard to get in there with the driver's seat in place.
Good luck with the project.
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 04:18 PM   #4

I want to remove the panel not the switches.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-19-2022, 04:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
I did the same thing UMXHAULER did so I could access the little nuts underneath the panel that hold the brushed aluminum cover on. The nuts forward and near the dash are a PITA to get to unless you have gorilla arms. I can't remember if I was able to access the nuts from below and in the opening in the side panel as its really hard to get in there with the driver's seat in place.
Good luck with the project.
I think you are saying the brush Aluminum panel is held on with nuts? Did you remove the side panel or just the aluminum panel?
Old 01-19-2022, 04:51 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I have an older 2019 model 4018. I removed the vertical darker brown panel by taking out the two screws in it then released it from where it was wedged forward. Once done I removed the screws in the aluminum panel and was able to pull it out. I only needed to snake a couple of wires from the electrical compartment below the driver's side for adding accessories. The snake can go up to where the Allison controller area or to near the steering wheel area.
Your set up maybe different.
2020 Tahoe LT
mahdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:38 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Remove the Allison pad and the HWH pad. This will give you access to the small nuts that hold the brushed aluminum panel on. Its a tight fit, but possible.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:07 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Remove the Allison pad and the HWH pad. This will give you access to the small nuts that hold the brushed aluminum panel on. Its a tight fit, but possible.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:30 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have a 17 so it may be different. The wall behind the panel isn’t open to the window mechanism. So I doubt you’ll access the guts of the window.

As for the wiring for the window switch you can use a stiffer piece of wire pushed up through the opening in the 12 volt bay. I removed the HWH panel and was able to capture the wire and make the connections to the switch from that one opening.

Add an extra wire or a piece of thin rope or string in case you need or want to pull something else in the future.
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
access, panel