Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2023, 07:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
You should be able to go into the settings on the dash and turn it off. You might have to use the dash radio screen, choose mobile eye and then turn everything off on that screen. One of these options should allow you to turn that off or disable the alarm.
WRONG
You can go to regular cruise control set up in dash controls … every time you start up but mobileye 🤷
timekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2023, 08:42 PM   #16

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have used this method a few times to cut or eliminate sounds coming from small speakers. It is easily reversible.

Place electrical tape over the speaker, than enjoy life again.
Bobbystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 09:15 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbystar View Post
I have used this method a few times to cut or eliminate sounds coming from small speakers. It is easily reversible.

Place electrical tape over the speaker, than enjoy life again.
haha tried that. He did end up getting rid of the noise by doing something not super permanent I believe it was tacks or something through the hole? But there is no blinker noise now. Really dumb this isn't disable able with how picky some RV people are.
lskvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 09:49 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
For me Mobile Eye is a huge annoyance and basically worthless, especially in urban areas. On my 2023 there are adjustments using the menu on the Freightliner digital dash, but you can't totally disable it. My next step is to try and find the fuse for it and pull that fuse to see if that works without effecting anything else. When I picked my coach up there was no owner's manual for the Mobil Eye and Mobil Eye's web site is absolutely worthless with no information. Mobil Eye should be a option not a standard feature. Its not a very well thought out piece of equipment from a questionable company.
Old 04-05-2023, 02:35 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have the Mobile Eye system on my Spartan chassis. I don't know how to disable it but I wouldn't want to. For me it seems to work well and I appreciate the warnings.

I notice that when somebody cuts directly in front of me, I don't get the warning right away. The system seems to recognize what is happening as long as that vehicle is accelerating. Now if I am actually following too close, I do get the chimes and I do back off. I think it has made me a safer driver.
Old 04-06-2023, 08:56 AM   #20

When we first picked up our LA in Oct of 19 my collision avoidance didn't work right, it truly sucked. If it detected anything in front of us and even after a car pulled away or I backed off on a few occasions the alarm would remain on. The only way to get the beeping to stop was to pull off the highway and stop the engine or another way was to trick the system by reactivating the system by driving up close to someone else than backing off, that usually worked. At first Gaffney Freightliner didn't believe me till I brought a video in to show them. They were finally able to fix the system, a software update was the fix.

For me, one of the most important features of this update was the sound of the alarm, the original alarm (a beep) this was the same sound as all of the other dashboard warning sounds, lights left on, low tire pressure, key fob warning etc. It now has its own distinctive sound (a quack) which keeps me from looking down to see what my dash board warning me about. On the old system when trying to overtake someone (changing lanes) on a busy urban highway, the last thing I need to do is look down to see a stupid warning for something that I am already aware of. The two different warning sounds has made it better and safer.

I know that the adaptive cruise control has settings but I don't know for sure if those settings carry over to the collision avoidance system. I have grown to like the adaptive cruise control.

I still hate the collision avoidance system but I hate less now. If this system makes some people safer drivers than that is great, but it should be a choice if I want it on or off.
96kpmjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 10:43 AM   #21

Only way to turn it off all the way is to go into the ECM with the software tool and you can disable it that way.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:29 AM   #22

Beeping

I absolutely hate the beeping with the avoidance system. Makes me absolutely crazy n a busy highway with people constantly cutting in and out of the lane in front on me. If anyone has found a way to turn off the audio beep please share it. I believe the avoidance system is an excellent safety feature, however I do not need the beep to warn me of the obvious.
Kenwerner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, new aire