Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2017, 07:25 PM   #1

Adaptive Cruise Control for Motorhome

Does anyone have adaptive cruise control on their motorhome? I have driven a class A Winnebago Via that had that feature. I really liked it - I have it in my car and after having it I will never order another car without it. Since Freightliner is owned by Mercedes, does anyone know if Freightliner offers it? The Sprinter Chassis made by Mercedes is what their Via is built on.
Gamaliel Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2017, 09:17 PM   #2

Adaptive Cruise Control is available and is selected on many Newmar motorhomes. It is sold as Bendix, earlier known as Vorad. It acts as an active cruise and employs the Jake Brake automatically should it deem it necessary. It also serves as a collision warning system when the cruise is not enabled. The 2017/18 models are going to also apply the service brake as I understand. The big drawback is probably the high price, about 7K on a motorhome. I have it. I do not feel it is worth 7K.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Peter
Old 01-27-2017, 09:27 PM   #3

Thanks Lugnut. I like it - but $7K on a Ventana LE is a deal breaker. Thanks for sharing!
Gamaliel Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:26 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I think the top of the line 2016 or 2017 Entrega has it as standard equipment.
RVnewbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:19 AM   #5

I'm guessing the DS and Ventana can not have the Vornado system installed as a special.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnewbie1 View Post
I think the top of the line 2016 or 2017 Entrega has it as standard equipment.
Yep, comes standard on the 2017 Entegra Cornerstone.8
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:37 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I am my adaptive cruise control
I push the set or coast button as needed, that gives me a little more incentive not to fall asleep
Old 01-28-2017, 10:38 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
It is standard on the 2017 Cornerstone. It's from Meritor. I wish it was available without it. First of all it has no Off button for just the cruise assist so using it is the only way you can have cruise control. Because of the size of the vehicle, the preset safe distance between vehicles is looong! So if you are coming up on a slower vehicle, you begin slowing before you even realize it. If you are in no hurry at all, that's fine, but if you are on a schedule, which sometimes you are, you are always taking over the accelerator! If you move over to pass without speeding up, people behind you freak out and start passing on the right. All this kinda defeats the purpose of cruise.
They are telling me there is no way of installing an off button for just the cruise assist so I am looking to see if Spartan can pull the whole system.
Be careful what you wish for!
And don't even let me get started on Spartan's collision mitigation system!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:31 PM   #9

I have it on my King Aire and I know it is available on several Newmar models. I love and wouldn't have a motorhome without it. Makes driving much more relaxing.
Ken Gluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 01:08 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
any east coast dealers that you would recommenced installing it
kid gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, cruise control, motorhome