RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2019, 03:46 PM   #1

Added nice dish soap dispenser to kitchen 4369

I know someone did this already but I thought I would share.

This was a very easy install even the drilling of the counter was easy.

First tape the surface with masking tape.

Carefully measure 5 times then mark then measure again.

Triple check underside for ample room for bottle, this is where I messed up no big deal the bottle is resting on my Air admittance valve but the bottle is soft and form fitting.
A 1/2 inch closer to the sink fixture and a 1/4 closer to the sink I would have totally missed the air admittance valve.

Good sharp twist drill for pilot hole slow speed light pressure as not to chip the counter when it breaks through the bottom.

Then a good sharp 1 1/4 hole saw, same thing, slow speed light pressure then more speed and very light pressure when you get almost through.

Carefully sand all the sharp edges so there are no stress risers to start a crack.

I used a sanding roll on a mandrell in my cordless drill.

This is the dispenser I chose I think it matches really well with the sink fixture.

https://www.amazon.com/Kraus-KSD-41S...n%2C164&sr=1-3

All in all I am very pleased with the results no more bottles to tend to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5642.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	268933  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2019, 03:52 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Vickie 4369 - Nice write-up as to the project steps. I pretty much followed the same procedure when I added these to the kitchen sink and also the back bedroom sink.

FLSteve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2903.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	268935   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2905.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	268936  

FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 04:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSteve View Post
Vickie 4369 - Nice write-up as to the project steps. I pretty much followed the same procedure when I added these to the kitchen sink and also the back bedroom sink.

FLSteve
Nice job Steve,

You had to show me the bathroom LOL guess what I will be doing next

There is more room on the left of the kitchen sink but I thought it would get in the way for access to the appliance garage so I went right side instead.

Ted.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:11 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Very nice.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Vickie / Steve,
The installs look very nice. I may to look into this more.
Thanks for the information.
ShelbyTom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:35 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I went one step further and ran a longer suction tube to a gallon jug of soap attached with velcro to the cabinet floor. It eliminates trying to get behind the sink to refill the soap container.
https://enjoying-life.net
spdracr39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:25 PM   #7

My next project...thanks

So the counter top is soft enough that it's easy to drill with common hand tools. That is good to know.
What is the material of the counter top?
Old 12-09-2019, 06:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
I went one step further and ran a longer suction tube to a gallon jug of soap attached with velcro to the cabinet floor. It eliminates trying to get behind the sink to refill the soap container.
Good Deal,

I looked at that style but didn't want to take up any cabinet floor space.

These fill from the top, just remove the pump by pulling straight up fill your bottle reinsert the pump done.

Ted
Old 12-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcj7 View Post
So the counter top is soft enough that it's easy to drill with common hand tools. That is good to know.
What is the material of the counter top?
They call it solid surface which is another word for synthetic plastic resin mixed with various compounds for color.

There is a lot of caution around cutting this ad you can chip it and or cause it to crack so Go Slow and Use very sharp tools.

Then sand all sharp edges smooth.

Ted.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:30 PM   #10

Soap Dispenser Bottles

We installed 4 of these soap dispensers in our Ventana - dish soap and hand soap in the kitchen and hand soap for each sink at the double vanity. The bottles are hard plastic and we've had to replace 3 of them so far due to the threaded part of the neck breaking apart from the bottle. We bought ours from Home Depot (Glacier Bay brand) and have been able to get free replacements so far, but we are just offering this up as a precaution. Don't tighten them too much and add soap from the top (pull out the plunger, instead of unscrewing the bottle).
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodosgood View Post
We installed 4 of these soap dispensers in our Ventana - dish soap and hand soap in the kitchen and hand soap for each sink at the double vanity. The bottles are hard plastic and we've had to replace 3 of them so far due to the threaded part of the neck breaking apart from the bottle. We bought ours from Home Depot (Glacier Bay brand) and have been able to get free replacements so far, but we are just offering this up as a precaution. Don't tighten them too much and add soap from the top (pull out the plunger, instead of unscrewing the bottle).
Thank you for the tip.

Are they breaking due to removal and installation or from travel.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodosgood View Post
Mine at home has broken 3 times, and not from over tightening. I always filled it from above. Finally gave up and use a $2 squeeze bottle from Walmart.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:46 AM   #13

Soap Dispenser Bottles

Not sure what is causing the breakage. We found metal bottles on Amazon, but have not purchased it to know how it works:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...171YDXPK&psc=1
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:39 AM   #14

I installed these in my first two coach's & wife has been bugging me to install in the Dutch Star. I've dragged my feet because I was the one elected to refill when empty & I seemed to over fill & make a mess. We only had one bottle failure but it was a doozy. The bottle broke at the thread while going down the road & leaked it's contents under the sink. If I try it again I think I'll try running the suction line to the secured bottle under the sink.

twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish