Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2022, 08:33 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Sooner View Post
I just received a Renator Adjustable RV Water Pressure Regulator with Gauge and have a few questions. Hopefully, they are not problems with the regulator but at this point, I'm not sure. For 30-plus years I've always used one of those in-line regulators that are supposed to keep the pressure between 40-50 pounds but I thought that I would get an adjustable one so I could make sure the water pressure is toward the 50 lb end of the scale and not 40. Plus, who knows what kind of pressure is really coming out of one of those pre-set regulators.

Anyway, I hooked up the new Renator to the faucet and then attached the hose from my trailer. I made sure that all the water faucets, showers, etc. on the coach were turned off. I adjusted the pressure to 50 lbs and then went and turned on the outside shower since it was close by. The water pressure shown on the gauge dropped to around 42 pounds while the water was flowing. I turned the adjustment screw to increase it back to 50 lbs while the water was running and it remained there for several minutes.

I then went and turned off the outside shower and when I returned to check the gauge it was right at 60 lbs. I turned the shower back on and it dropped to around 50 lbs while it was running but then it slowly went back up to 60 when everything was turned off again. I turned the pressure down to around 45 lbs while running and then it would creep back up to 55 lbs when turned off.

So, I would love to keep a constant 50 lbs of pressure with the water on or off but that doesn't seem possible. Since my trailer is a 2021 model I'm pretty sure that the plumbing could handle 60 lbs of pressure without any problem, but I would feel better if it would stay at 55 max. However, to do that my running pressure would only be 45 which I would rather have higher.

Has anyone else experienced a situation like this and if so are there any solutions? My thoughts are that I need to be more focused on the water pressure when everything is turned off as that is the constant pressure going to all the lines and valves. TIA for everyone's help on this.
You will always see a drop when you have a faucet or something open. I just set mine for the 55 psi and call it good. Itís a matter of the water supply to keep up as much pressure as it can while you have a valve open in the system.
VinceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2022, 06:43 AM   #72

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Sooner View Post
My thoughts are that I need to be more focused on the water pressure when everything is turned off as that is the constant pressure going to all the lines and valves.
Yes. The pressure drops a bit when you open the valve. That is normal pressure drop due to resistance to the flow inside the pipes/lines. The larger the lines, the less the pressure drops. When you close the valve & stop the flow, the pressure returns to "normal".
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 12:30 PM   #73

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Pressure drop when faucets open depends on how far opened/ how many opened. Static with NO FLOW IS THE ONLY RELIABLE, and you are them ONLY adjusting MAX PRESSURE. The diameter of the smallest fitting/ opening between source/ outlet determines flow, whether a fitting, or faucet opening.

Tags
regulator, water, water pressure