Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2018, 11:57 AM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
A lot of great info!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2018, 08:40 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Found a video

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
there is no adjustment needed for this. the room is adjusted at the factory, and should remain that way.

there is no air in the lines. thats fluid pressure you hear bleeding off.

what is happening is there is a small piece of debris in the line that has lodged in the orifice of the valve. by opening the valve, the material is moved, and the valve can close completely.
if it does it again, open both valves and run the pump 15 to 20 seconds. close them and run the room. next time, replace the retract valve. that is the recommended hwh fix.
my suggestion is to find and download service manual and read it. it has a ton of information and diagnostic procedures to do a correct diagnosis of the system.
i know i beat the service manual bit to death, but if you dont already know how to fix it, what other source do you have?
there is no magic reset button or fuse to replace on hwh systems. it does involve testing before replacing.
i also know it takes a couple of weeks to get a reply back from hwh. it pays to invest a little of your time in order to give the hwh tech information that you should have already gotten in order for him to help you. this is why it takes so long for them to get to you. we dont hang up on anyone, even if you dont know what a pump is, let alone where its at.
if you need help, i can do that. my cell is 1-602-549-3638, my email is pfmaddox@att.net please dont call sundays unless its an emergency.
paul maddox
i work for hwh full time. i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum.

paul maddox
My situation is a little different in that my FWS doesn’t creep out when driving...my is not closed evenly! The bottom is fully closed but the top is not. I the video I found spoke about resetting the “soft limits”. The control panel for doing this is made by KIB Electronics in Elkhart. I have taken it to a shop in the past for this same issue. Not sure if this is the same as what everyone is speaking of in the above comments.
Lenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:52 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here is the link to the video I mentioned about setting the “soft limits”: https://youtu.be/riaJRMHfTVA

I have not yet attempted this procedure as I don’t want to make this worse.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:21 AM   #18
Commercial Member

have i made a mistake?? im confused.

is this a hydraulic slide, or electric?
the lenmar video shows an electric slide, and the op posted a photo of a hwh sync cylinder related to a slide.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
have i made a mistake?? im confused.

is this a hydraulic slide, or electric?
the lenmar video shows an electric slide, and the op posted a photo of a hwh sync cylinder related to a slide.
Your not confused azpete he doesn't have a HWH slide he has the FWS with two motors and a software adjustment to get the two motors in sink.
He needs to put MH information in his signature so people will not get confused as their are many changes over the years with FWS's.
Lots more info on slides in this sticky top of forum.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:50 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Electric FWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";4463035]Your not confused azpete he doesn't have a HWH slide he has the FWS with two motors and a software adjustment to get the two motors in sink.
He needs to put MH information in his signature so people will not get confused as their are many changes over the years [B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/full-wall-slide-noise-plus-operation-of-older-fwss-395521.html#post4232433
with FWS's.[/URL][/B]
Lots more info on slides in this sticky top of forum.
Now it is clear. My slides are electric. Just called Newmarr and they said it sounds like the bushings need to be adjusted and then the slide. Something that a shop has to take care of. Now I need to find out how many hours a shop is going to charge for the job!
Old 10-24-2018, 01:29 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Newmar has a labor discount Jan thru March each winter, we have also had members do their own calibration of their slide alignments.
You can do a Newmar search ask how to do calibrations you will get the answers on how each member did.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh