RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #1

AGS disabled (off) & Genny turns in by itself!

Anyone know how a generator can turn itself in if the AGS is enabled?

I disabled the AGS with the genny off. Walked outside and it turned on about two minutes later. Went inside and verified that the AGS was off. Turned off the generator again and walked back outside. Guess what happened a couple of minutes later?

Ideas?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Can you clarify:
"Anyone know how a generator can turn itself in if the AGS is enabled?"

I am guessing you meant to say how can gen turn itself ON with AGS disabled ?????

imho, one of the parameters is still wanting it to start... maybe you really didn't turn it off ?

it does have SO many toggles and parameters that it could be easy to leave on...

on ours there are really two parameters that would trigger it - one the temp, and one the batteries State of Charge....

good luck finding it

Old 10-13-2017, 12:52 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mike; Did you put the setting back to RV instead of OTHER to see if it was still starting on its own?
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:21 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Hi - Check out the pins of the interconnect at the generator. Water can get in there and cause issues. Also know where the neighborhood pets are. Generators have been started by animals hitting the start switch on the genset. Likely not your case as you were right there.
Tom
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:54 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Had the same issue with my 2014 Ventana. Did all of things recommended here, and still the problem persisted. Service appointment followed. I was told that there was a faulty module in the AGS system that would need to be replaced. While the part was on order I just disconnected the wiring harness when I would be away from the coach for any length of time. Never did get the module replace -- I traded the rig in and bought a new Mountain Aire! Problem solved.
MD-Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Can you clarify:
"Anyone know how a generator can turn itself in if the AGS is enabled?"

I am guessing you meant to say how can gen turn itself ON with AGS disabled ?????

imho, one of the parameters is still wanting it to start... maybe you really didn't turn it off ?

it does have SO many toggles and parameters that it could be easy to leave on...

on ours there are really two parameters that would trigger it - one the temp, and one the batteries State of Charge....

good luck finding it
Yea. I was in a hurry (we were leaving) and didn't proofread my post. The title has the word "in" that should be "on" and I meant to say "disabled" in the first sentence.

It started on its own twice. The third time I shut it off and waited, it didn't restart. Norm, after the first time I put it back to RV. In ALL cases (every time it turned itself on), I checked and AGS was disabled (off).

Haven't checked anything in the genny compartment (wiring, condensation, etc.) yet.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:18 PM   #7

Did this happen yesterday on Friday the 13th? Happy Halloween...

ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disabled, led