Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2021, 12:58 PM   #1

Air Bag Dump on 2021 Ventana

I just purchased a new 2021 Newmar Ventana 4369. I went to back it into my storage facility and it is too high !! I need to dump the airbags so I can back it into the storage facility. I can dump the tag axle but that is it. Any idea on how to get the airbags deflated on the suspension so I can back it in? I know there is a way to deflate them for leveling but as soon as you raise the jacks it starts to inflate the bags. I called Freightliner and they said itís a safety feature and there is no way to do that. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find anything. Any help would be appreciated. We are talking 3Ē needed to drop. Itís very frustrating. I traded in a Palazzo that had a switch to release the air, then I would back it in. This one does not.
ndeidrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2021, 08:23 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I have to do the same on my 37' Ventana to get in and out of my space. When you press the auto level button on the equalizer system, it will first dump the bags. You simply hit auto level again to stop the jacks from extending. But if your coach is a full air pressure, it will jack up quickly as soon as you put in D or R to move. To resolve this, I simply pump the brakes until pressure in the tanks is just high enough to release the air brakes. On my coach, this is around 75 psi. Doing this gives you some time to back in or out. Once I back straight out, I don't move again until it fully rises.

Good luck!
Old 05-23-2021, 05:49 AM   #3

Thank you so much. You have no idea how much that is going to help! I have been searching the internet and asking around for weeks. I am going to pick up the unit today so that will work out great. I had to bring it back because it had a leaking transmission line that needed fixed so it gave me an extra week to figure out what to do. Thank you again, very much appreciated.
Old 05-23-2021, 08:39 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I would consider giving Source Engineering a call. They make products that temporarily change the bag height. Look at the video about momentary ride height adjustment where they show how to raise the rear end. //sourcerv.com/resources. They may provide a custom solution that does what you want in a way that gives you more time.

- Richard
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:38 AM   #5

Thank you. I will definitely give them a call. I was able to get into storage yesterday with the first option which was nice. A little nerve racking but I got it inside so no one would mess with it.
Old 05-24-2021, 10:33 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
On my DS Spartan Chassis when I hit manual dump with key in accessory it dumps all bags and will stay that way until I hit auto store. I have moved my coach several times by accident (turning the wheels lock to lock) and the front tires have not touched the fiberglass fenders. Easy test just park, turn engine off, turn key to acc, hit manual dump, wait a minute, start engine and see if it airs up or not. when ready hit auto store to air up. Have someone help to make sure the tires don't hit the fenders or note how far you can safely turn the wheel.
Old 05-24-2021, 07:36 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Perhaps I'm not appreciating something important but I don't see an issue doing this every time I pull in and out of my storage site. I just make sure I'm doing it slowly and smoothly to not jar anything. Plus I'm only going straight forward or backward. I make sure I'm lined up before dumping air or fully aired back
up before turning or moving further.
Old 05-25-2021, 03:56 AM   #8

Cscape-
I did the same thing, I made sure I was line up perfectly before I dropped the bags and backed my unit in. I did not need to turn the wheels or anything. I did it slowly and smoothly. It was just nerve racking because its a new unit and the first time I did it. I had no issues. Again I can not thank you enough, your post came at the perfect time!

I would like to thank everyone who posted on this thread. I really do appreciate the ideas. Its always better to have more than one option. Have a great day today!

Tags
air, vent, ventana