Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2018, 09:09 PM   #1

Air pressure drop

Our NTM 04 DSDP 4025 occasionally air pressure on the front gauge drops, alarms sounds, then builds back to full pressure. Is this normal or do I have a problem. Thanks
beensell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2018, 09:24 PM   #2

Beensell, first best guess, the air governor. How many miles on your coach? Have you got out to see if you can hear any air leaking? Could be the air dyer, but would start at the governor. My coach started having problems keeping the air at 130 lbs. It would drop back after a stop. If I pulled into a rest stop, and flipped on the high idle it would run the pressure up, but soon after, out on the road would drop back to 90, just high enough to keep the buzzer from sounding. I didn't want to take the time to change it on the road, but at a truck stop, went in and bought a new one, just in case. Before I start back for MI. I am going to install the new one. A new one is $29 bucks, and on my coach is easy to install.
GreaTOne65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beensell View Post
Our NTM 04 DSDP 4025 occasionally air pressure on the front gauge drops, alarms sounds, then builds back to full pressure. Is this normal or do I have a problem. Thanks
I hope you don't have a problem, but you may. 2 years ago, one of my air pressure gauges was doing the same thing. My "problem" turned out to be a small hole on one of the air lines causing the engine air pump to run constantly. My gauges top out at 130 psi, the pump is capable of producing more psi than that, but you'd never know it looking at the gauges, which lead to the braided line from the pump to the air dryer developing a rather large hole. By the way, the repairs weren't that expensive, spending Labor Day weekend at a weigh station in Podunk Montana and trying to locate a mobile diesel mechanic who could address this issue turned out to be a real problem.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:03 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
VDC_Repair FL VDU.pdf

See if this relates to your issue. This applies to a Freightliner chassis.
SteveR161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:57 AM   #5

Air pressure drop

Thanks for the input. I should have mentioned that this is on a Spartan and happens once every several hours or miles. No regular intervals. Only 42000 miles.
beensell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air