Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2021, 11:11 AM   #1

Air Reservoir Drains?

I read in me manual that you need to drain the water out of the air reservoirs regularly, unless the coach is equipped with automatic drains. I cannot locate anything that looks like a release or drain for this under our '21 Ventana 3412. Does anyone know if these are automatic, or am I missing them?

Thanks!
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2021, 11:24 AM   #2

You should find them behind the front wheels, 2 on one side and one on the other. They are wire loops that you can pull using the awning rod or similar. You only need to check these once a year.

P.S. If there is any water then you need to get the air dryer dessicant replaced. Normally there is never any water.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 01:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
You should find them behind the front wheels, 2 on one side and one on the other. They are wire loops that you can pull using the awning rod or similar. You only need to check these once a year.

P.S. If there is any water then you need to get the air dryer dessicant replaced. Normally there is never any water.
Found 'em! Thank you. Glad I looked under there, as my main generator 12 volt starting lines were hanging way down. One was riding right on top of the blade portion of a self tapping screw. Took care of all that.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:37 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There is a sequence to pulling them. On my DSDP the are colored gray, green and red. They are pulled in that sequence. This allows you to test that the check valves on the tanks are operating properly too. Follow the instructions in your chassis info to get it right. But basically you are testing that the relates of air from one tank isn’t impacting the others.

Killing two birds and all that… [emoji57]🤣[emoji23]
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air