Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2020, 09:04 PM   #1

All TV's not working on cable or local antenna

I will spare you the analysis up to now, and get to the specific of my question. 2019 Ventana LE 37 feet. Both indoor TVs do not receive cable or local broadcast signals. Good cable signal coming in the cable jack in the electric compartment. Wingard amplifier/switch for cable versus OTA antenna detects 5 local channels. But that is where the signal stops.

Unscrewed the Wingard control unit from the passenger wall immediately to the right of the entrance door and to the rear of the co-pilot seat. Wired very tight, only with a mirror could I see the three cable connections, all soldered to the circuit board. Full stop! I need to gain access to the back of the Wingard and trace their path.

Finally the question. Any experience or advice from the members as to how to get to these wires in the wall? Thanks
PeteDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2020, 10:58 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Did you run the auto programming? Every time you change campgrounds (connect to cable or over the air) you have to go to settings and run "Auto Programming". The TV takes about 10 minutes and goes through all the available stations and locks them in. You also have to select Cable or Air in the settings, depending on which you want to watch....then run the Auto Programming.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:19 AM   #3

Before you dig in, I suggest you get something like this, a coax cable mapper. Using this, I was able to find which cables on my coach were disconnected and which connection went where. Got one like below at Lowe's.

Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:15 AM   #4

Thanks for the responses. To update the subject, yes I have done multiple channel scans on both the forward and stateroom TVs, with the Wingard both powered on and off. Consistent result is 0 analog, and 0 digital channels reported. On the suggestion of obtaining and using a cable wire tester, I have picked up the suggested unit at Lowes, and will use it on the RV tomorrow given a break in the weather.
PeteDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 12:56 PM   #5

Ditto on the cable tester. Bought mine at LOWES and discovered a bad connector on my cable wire to the roof antenna. Plus I discovered which cable goes where...a great little tool for cable issues. Good luck!

Tags
antenna, cable