Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2017, 06:58 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Talking Almost time to head home...

I started this journey the end of July with a 34 day passport america caravan after a week long journey from VA to CO Springs, then to the IRV2.com rally, then soon to Sedalia for the Newmar rally, then back to Richmond, VA.

I've learned so much and I can think of no better way to venture into RVing as a complete newbie than to go on a long trip like this. I've been able to settle everything in from the A/V to the Internet, learn more about the water system and how a quickly dirty water filter can cause issues, and so much more. Lot's of driving, lot's of campgrounds, about 5-6K miles when it's all said and done.

I've enjoyed every minute in this VTDP so far and I'm actually sad to not continue on this journey. I'll be happy to be home but I could just keep on going and going and going! I love being on the move, not staying at a campground too long, a week is probably my max. There is just too much to see.

My dog and I are very comfortable in this coach, it's a perfect fit, a great purchase and I have been thrilled. The sleep number king size bed is so comfortable! The FPU was a great start, yeah, I paid to Q/A my own vehicle, but it was worth it and the learning was worth the price too.

Even figuring out the sewer hose I like (valterra dominator) and how long I can make it on electric only has been great. When I bought this RV on impulse after going to a RV show in Feb I had sleepless nights wondering if I'd hate or like it. Was this the biggest financial mistake of my life? Should I forfeit the downpayment and run? What was I thinking? Did I look around enough or was Newmar the right choice as I didn't shop that much, Newmar just felt right and I wanted to go higher end, do it once mentality.

So as this journey comes to and end after next week, I can say I'm thrilled. It's been a great experience and I'm not stopping for winter. I'll head to Newmar in Nov, NKK FL Keys rally (if still on) in December, Naples in Feb, Perry GA for FMCA in March, Oshkosh a few months later and just keep on using it as much as I can without bugging the family to watch my house and pick up my mail while gone.

I hope everyone else is enjoying this adventure as much as me and I've only just begun. I really feel I made the right decision with Newmar and all of you have been a huge help in the learning process!

Well, I have some stuff to do before I show up in Sedalia...see ya there.

NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2017, 07:10 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Good for you, Neal. Enjoy the heck out of your rig. Traveling is a thrill for us too. Meeting new people, seeing new sights and associated adventures are wonderful. Travel safely and enjoy!
Lynnowensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:52 PM   #3
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Glad to hear after seeing you off at FPU that all went well. We’ve put a lot of miles on Newbee since seeing you and have loved, well, most of it. Of course repair shop time has it’s down side. But that’s an adventure in it’s self. Gaffney was da bomb and yes we did survive camp frieghtliner, and have the tee shirts to prove it

One thing you will appreciate about your coach is the freedom from your S&B (stick and brick). Just sold ours and the comfort of knowing we have “a home” makes finding a new S&B much more of a pleasant adventure.

Be safe out there and hope to see you at camp some day.

Mark and Louene Hetrick
Newbee the last VTDP 3725 - returning to the free state of South Dakota, yep soon to once again proudly be a sodaker.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:16 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have really enjoyed your adventures these past months and your threads.
My travels are over now so you fill a void in my life.
My wife and I started MHing in 86 retired in 88, went through 6 MH's. after we adopted twins, when they were out of school we were on the road and many trips from P.E.I. to FL. big trip 8 weeks across Canada to B.C. and back home many rallies also. As the girls were growing up we pulled a pop-up behind MH for there sleeping quarters.
So make the most of your freedom to do what your doing you never know whats ahead just ENJOY and have many miles of safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote