Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2021, 09:45 PM   #1

Am I being too picky

So as I posted earlier. We just traded out baystar for a brand new Ventana

We drove the 500 miles to get it from NJ to Ohio and there were just too many issues that needed to be taken care of so we had to leave it. General RV rented us a car and we drove home. With the agreement that they would take care of all the issues and deliver it to our house today

So one of the problems was there was a cracked tile. So they would replace it with one of the spares that Newmar provides. Well they just grabbed the top one and plopped it in. It’s totally off color and they chipped the surrounding tiles. The worst part is the next tile in the pile was a perfect match. Here are some of the pics.

There was also some paintwork that needed to be done on the rear and it was too dark for me to evaluate that. So I will tomorrow or Saturday.

The second set of keys also went missing. So they made another set. Using all metal cheapies, not the plastic coated ones and no second remote.

Now honest opinions. Should I be pissed off? Or am I just being to critical.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C5D9914C-55F1-4F07-88A8-503471D5F4FE.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	336.6 KB
ID:	347495   Click image for larger version

Name:	8D453A37-1060-4B2B-945B-6E81C03B37EA.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	347496  

YANKEES31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2021, 10:22 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I would contact Newmar and advise them of your issues ,a squeaky wheel will get greased ,so complain loud and proud !! You worked hard for this and you deserve to be happy !! Good luck brother
Fattner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 02:52 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Get it the way you want it. If you accept something that drives you crazy you won't be able to walk into the coach without fixating on it. You are not asking for perfection, good quality would work. You just haven't gotten it yet.

The keys should be easy, get ahold of Newmar.

Congrats, and hold to your guns.

j
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 03:41 AM   #4

Am I being to picky

It is not a matter of “being to picky” but rather whether you are satisfied with what you are paying for. If you give the dealer your money before you are completely satisfied you will probably regret it later. In that event, your only realistic alternative will be a visit to Newmar before the warranty expires.
Old 10-29-2021, 04:13 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Doesn't look right. Sounds like from Ohio you would be closer to Nappanee for your next round of warranty work (there will be more). I would talk directly to Newmar about this warranty item then wait a few more months. You will undoubtedly have a few more items on your list. Then bring it directly to the factory for the work.
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 05:39 AM   #6
D20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You are going to look at that tile every time you walk into the coach and regret not having it changed.

The dealer can order a second remote.
Old 10-29-2021, 05:57 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
You have at least 400,000 reasons to be picky!

That was shoddy work, by unskilled people, and needs to be redone until you are happy! You might have to take it to the factory to have it done better (notice I did not say 'right'). Otherwise lobby Newmar customer service for a local craftsman to do it with pride.

I took delivery of an Entegra Emblem two months ago that my inspector discovered in June had a front shock absorber that had never been connected to the chassis; then an alignment mechanic noticed the other front shock absorber was loosely attached. This coach was driven from IN to UT then to WY, CO, NM, and AZ with the front shocks not functioning.

Until the management in this industry gets its collective head out of you-know-where and embraces quality to control costs, rework, and customer loyalty, then we are going to have to do it for them.

Strongly urge you to document EVERY discussion with a dealer or manufacturer representative by repeating what was discussed and agreed back to them in an email. Be specific: "on [date/time] I spoke with [Joe Blow] about xxx and it was agreed that yyyy would be done by zzzz."

I use a spreadsheet to keep track of warranty items and happily send the latest version to the dealer and Entegra customer service so they can see the extent of the problems and what is supposed to be done and by whom.
LennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 06:27 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I dealt with this issue in 2013. Newmar did a terrible job fixing the tile on my coach. I brought it to the attention of the executive team, and they sent a pallet of tile to NIRVC tonhave the whole coach redone. In the end, I was very happy.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 06:39 AM   #9

Nope. I wouldn't be happy with what they did.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 06:41 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sounds like you may have taken it to their Canton location. I live in the area and took my previous coach there, a Tiffin, to have it pressure tested for water leaks. The coach before it had an issue that ended up costing a lot to repair properly so wanted to head of any issues. Not an inexpensive test. Anyways, they supposedly performed the test and stated everything was good to go. First trip out, drip, drip, above the windshield. It was just the marker lights, but you would have thought an obvious place for them to test because it is a frequent failure area. Never been back for any type of service since.

If it is indeed the Canton site and you live outside of the area, send me a PM if there is anything I can do to help.

Back to if you are being picky? I would be too. It is not right and the tech should have noticed it. Plus he or she chipped the tiles beside it. Think I would call Customer Service at the plant and plan a field trip. Either way, I would not allow them to use all of your spare tile either. You may need them in the future.
Ohio44718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 08:53 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
That tile replacement was performed by a tech who couldn’t care less about the quality of his work. Find a manager’s desk and stand on it.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:44 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
What are the overall opinions of General RV ?
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:51 AM   #13

*too

Old 10-29-2021, 12:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by YANKEES31 View Post
So as I posted earlier. We just traded out baystar for a brand new Ventana

We drove the 500 miles to get it from NJ to Ohio and there were just too many issues that needed to be taken care of so we had to leave it. General RV rented us a car and we drove home. With the agreement that they would take care of all the issues and deliver it to our house today

So one of the problems was there was a cracked tile. So they would replace it with one of the spares that Newmar provides. Well they just grabbed the top one and plopped it in. It’s totally off color and they chipped the surrounding tiles. The worst part is the next tile in the pile was a perfect match. Here are some of the pics.

There was also some paintwork that needed to be done on the rear and it was too dark for me to evaluate that. So I will tomorrow or Saturday.

The second set of keys also went missing. So they made another set. Using all metal cheapies, not the plastic coated ones and no second remote.

Now honest opinions. Should I be pissed off? Or am I just being to critical.
Absolutely NOT! Make them fix that & the chipped tile at their expense. They should have looked at the color before installing it! Piss POOR workmanship!

Happy Trails
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote