RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2016, 10:03 PM   #1

Am I wrong?

Am I wrong here? I ordered a 2016 Ventana DP back in Feb got 32% off MSRP basically dealership is making 7k which was the best I could get anywhere. All I asked for was to have the passenger window replaced with a window that can slide open. Dave Gharl himself told me it wouldnt be a problem to do at the RV show. Along the way I feel we have just been yes'd to death to get us to sign. We were never told of a status of the coach nor even a production number just an expected delivery day of June 3rd or 6th. Here it is the 1St and we dont even know where it is. Now the unit is built no window in it and my rep at the dealership said he is going to pressure Newmar? How I don't know it's already built? I know what there planning for me which is to show up and take it without the window and say ohh well, I'm just really disappointed as this is alot of money and it seems to me like because the dealership isn't making a killing they don't care nor does Newmar to stand behind there word, doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth, am I out of line here and just being OCD and this is just how it's done?

nathan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2016, 10:08 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
That's not anything I've seen or heard about Newmar and we've ordered two Dutch Stars.
Seems like you have a dealer that's not willing to do their due diligence and get the info for you.
Call Newmar directly and ask them yourself.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:15 PM   #3

I did I emailed Dave and he said he was working with the dealer and trying to get it from parts this was while it was being built. Seems like they just gave me a royal run around

NATHAN,* NOT* YET,* I* AM* WORKING* WITH* ***** AT* ******** AND* ARE* PARTS* DEPARTMENT* TO* GET.* NOT* SURE* IF* GOING* TO* HAPPEN* YET.* DAVE* GARL

*not sure if it's going to happen? He told me it would and would not be an issue to make happen then suddenly not sure? How as a rep do you not know if something can be done or not I wasn't asking for a sunroof I only asked for one thing.

]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 2:28 PM
To: Dave Garl
Subject: RE: 412710

P.s. did you guys get the passanger window to be a slide open window couldn't tell by the photo
Old 06-02-2016, 05:26 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like a ball got dropped in the ordering process. Clearly, your expectation was not met or properly managed. I think this is the dealers responsibility to make sure your "wants" have been addressed. You will read many threads here on IRV2 about buyers ordering "specials". Newmar has a process where the buyer (or their dealer) submits "specials" for review and Newmar either accepts or rejects the request. If accepted, Newmar provides the buyer (and dealer) with the associated price. In some cases the buyer has submitted the "specials" before finalizing the deal and in other cases after finalizing a deal with a dealer. These "specials" and options will be listed on the Production Order Report that the dealer will receive from Newmar weeks before the coach goes into production. Since 2011 I have ordered two Newmar's from two different dealers. In both cases, the sales person from the dealer coordinated the ordering process and provided me with the Production Order Report a few weeks after finalizing "specials".

Regardless of who dropped a ball, I am sure you are wanting your window. Since your coach has been through production, I suggest coordinating with your dealer and talking with Newmar Factory Service to see if they can replace your window post production and before the coach gets delivered. ( they would have to check with the window manufacturer to see if a sliding window is available in this particular size) You got a great deal on the coach, so you are still good money ahead after you pay Newmar Factory Service to replace the window. If this window was ordered as "special" before production it would have also cost additional money.

Enjoy your new coach !

Mike
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:25 AM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I think you may be getting antsy and making this a bigger issue than it is. It takes about an hour to swap the window out. I recently replaced mine due to a leak in the dual pane seal.

At any point in time, you could have called Newmar and determined where your coach was in the build process. Personally, I would have asked the dealer to provide a VIN and not stopped calling until they gave me the info I wanted.

This is such a minor issue, it seems like their may be other issues going on......like buyer's remorse?
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:30 AM   #6

No buyers remorse, just feel that it is such a small issue why couldn't it be done? You drop quarter million figure you would be serviced. If you read my prior post I did contact the manufacturer. After they had my deposit they tune suddenly changed to I don't know if it can happen
Old 06-02-2016, 11:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan55 View Post
No buyers remorse, just feel that it is such a small issue why couldn't it be done? You drop quarter million figure you would be serviced. If you read my prior post I did contact the manufacturer. After they had my deposit they tune suddenly changed to I don't know if it can happen
Newmar didn't take your deposit, and they very well might be able to do the window mod. The question, however, is if they were asked to do it by your dealer when they took the order. Newmar shouldn't be the focus of your angst. And I would imagine that you haven't dropped a quarter of a million on anything yet. The dealer takes care of it or you dont buy, thats easy enough.
pilotspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:29 AM   #8

I just went through an order, build, delivery process albeit on a much smaller unit, but the process is the same. Stuff happens even with the best of companies that shouldn't and the better companies learn from their screw-ups.

In my case, Newmar left out the rear window but handled the problem to mutual satisfaction. The window was left off the final build sheet by Newmar. If Newmar had required the build sheet be signed off by the buyer, as one last check, it would have been caught. This was not a special just requested an optional item.

I am still finding a few things that need to be addressed and am working with both CW and Newmar. Slow process, especially since the dealer is 100 miles away. But still a fan.
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR 4WD Sahara, Automatic, Hard Top
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:34 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
The window should be no problem. We had our coach re-sided. The passenger side window was fogged pretty badly so has them replace it with new. Newmar gave me the option of a sliding widow or the solid glass which was what we had. If you have a window there now it is an easy task to replace it . With a little cooporation from your dealer it would seem this would be a no brainer.

imgoin4it is offline   Reply With Quote