RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2016, 07:56 AM   #1

Another Newmar First for Newmar 2017 Models

Like Newmar was the first at designing the "Flat Floor" slide-out, it is believed it is also the first to offer two full bathrooms in some of their top of the line 2017 products. Two showers may seem overkill for many, but they think it may have merit especially for people with children.

I wonder just how well this will be received by these higher priced clients. To my mind, many are past the child bearing years by a mile. Interesting concept, but is the market there and ready. What is you opinion?

Peter

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2016, 08:02 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
They have grand-children.

jt
2005 Newmar Kountry Star gas 3742, Workhorse 8.1L w/Allison 5 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:10 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
Like Newmar was the first at designing the "Flat Floor" slide-out, it is believed it is also the first to offer two full bathrooms in some of their top of the line 2017 products. Two showers may seem overkill for many, but they think it may have merit especially for people with children.

I wonder just how well this will be received by these higher priced clients. To my mind, many are past the child bearing years by a mile. Interesting concept, but is the market there and ready. What is you opinion?

Peter
The Foretravel Realm sells a 2 full bathroom floorplan. There first one sold really quick. They have 4 coming soon and one has already been reserved, so it seems there is a market for it.

Foretravel Motorhomes, Foretravel RV, New RVs, Used RVs

There is an IRV2 member who recently had a brand new Cornerstone who traded up to the Realm 2 full bath due to having kids.
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:16 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomakat View Post
The Foretravel Realm sells a 2 full bathroom floorplan. There first one sold really quick. They have 4 coming soon and one has already been reserved, so it seems there is a market for it.

Foretravel Motorhomes, Foretravel RV, New RVs, Used RVs

There is an IRV2 member who recently had a brand new Cornerstone who traded up to the Realm 2 full bath due to having kids.
There are many folks with both MD or PhD wife and MD or PhD husband that have the income at 40+ years old and have a couple of kids that are buyers.
2018 DS DP 4369 #607121 Cummins ISL9 450 HP
"We are from, where ever we were yesterday"
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:04 AM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Two full baths = one too many.

Space is already at a premium.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:10 AM   #6

We have the bath and a half, which in our opinion is well worth the cost and space taken up which is minimal. I think two showers though is a bit too much. Unless they add a high powered water pump, there is no way you could use both showers at the same time. So I don't really see a benefit.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I am considering the DS 4310 bunk model for our family of 4 plus probable friends and extended family. Would I prefer a bath and a half? Sure. But I don't want to watch 4-6 people do a potty dance because of only one bath either. From the display at the dealers meeting that will hopefully be updated next week in the website, these models did get an upgraded water pump to handle the two full bath to around a 4 gpm model. I am it sure even this is enough and would probably want a 5.3 gpm if not boon docking.
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4Work View Post
I am considering the DS 4310 bunk model for our family of 4 plus probable friends and extended family. Would I prefer a bath and a half? Sure. But I don't want to watch 4-6 people do a potty dance because of only one bath either. From the display at the dealers meeting that will hopefully be updated next week in the website, these models did get an upgraded water pump to handle the two full bath to around a 4 gpm model. I am it sure even this is enough and would probably want a 5.3 gpm if not boon docking.

For me, the positive of a 2 shower model is not the rare time when we would want two simultaneous showers. It's so the kids (or grandkids, if that's your situation) have their own bathroom, and we don't end up with their wet towels, swim suits, soap, shampoo, and dirty clothes all over "mom and dad's" bathroom, or being stowed and re-stowed in a storage space every time they "borrow" mom and dad's bathroom for a shower. Also with a full bath mid-ship, they don't need to walk through mom and dad's bedroom every time they want a shower. Probably same reasons people have multiple bathrooms in their houses. Of course, in RV's it's all about trade-offs: how much kitchen/living room space is sacrificed to make that second bathroom a full bathroom?

Looks like the 2 shower Newmar models (even the upscale 4525 in London Aire, etc.) sacrifice the king bed in master bedroom, and offer only queen. That's a negative for me, and I wonder if that might be addressed in a future option or tweak.

Mike
2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1

2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1
M Bakunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:54 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Marketing requires new and 'improved' products to attract the consumer dollar.

The loss of space and smaller bed would be a roadblock for us. Bigger kitchen counter, maybe.

While many may want to be the first on the block to have one, we will not be in that group.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:11 PM   #10

I doubt two full bathrooms will be popular with the largest demographic that buys big pushers. Most folks probably wouldn't give up the extra space for the rare times they might travel with kids. Different strokes though.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:45 AM   #11

Well if the extra bathroom is for kids or grand kids I'd like to know where they are suppose to sleep? 90% of these coaches are designed for 2 people, especially at the higher end of it. I don't even want the extra 1/2 bath. It is just a complete waste of space. A nice bathroom and a bigger closet would be a lot better for us.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:23 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
Well if the extra bathroom is for kids or grand kids I'd like to know where they are suppose to sleep? 90% of these coaches are designed for 2 people, especially at the higher end of it. I don't even want the extra 1/2 bath. It is just a complete waste of space. A nice bathroom and a bigger closet would be a lot better for us.
I agree about the half bath. Most floor plans these days have a half bath. I was considering changing it to a storage closet when we custom order our Ventana 4369 but my DW is concerned about resale value. Oh well, something more to ponder ....

Dan
dxg0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:35 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
We had doubts about the mid bath but decided it could have merit. There was another floor plan that had a single bath on the side.

As it turns out it does. We really like the rear bath so the half bath does have merit. There are several convenient things about it.

Do not have to run to the back through the bedroom when using it from outside. We as well as visitors use it. We do not have to go through the bedroom to go to the washroom. May only be a few more steps to the rear bath but we prefer not to have friends walking through the bedroom which is our space.

There is no "pinching" to hold it if one of us is using the main bathroom. Have never had an "emergency" as the situation cannot develop.

Seems like minor things but the extra half bath = priceless.

A full bath would be nice but considering the space may be excessive. I cannot think of any situation where one would need to have an "emergency" bath or shower.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:14 PM   #14

We have a DS 4310 on order. The 2 full baths were a big draw for our family with 3 children.

Was told there was no need to upgrade the water pump as a special. These units with the two full baths are coming standard with the same water pump that is in the King Aire.

CentILRVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar