Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2022, 06:26 PM   #1

Another oasis question

I read a lot about the oasis system Don has a great post all about the oasis, can’t find anything on my specific issue, so here is my oasis issue, the Diesel burner works but the electric AC 1 and 2 doesn’t ( on the overhead panel AC 1 and 2 does not illuminate) fuse inside the coach it’s good, anything else should I look for? it’s no faults at the oasis, thanks

Zzotte
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2022, 06:57 PM   #2

Are you running the diesel burner at the same time as the AC? If so, it may just be that the AC is not needed. On mine, the AC light only comes on when it's actively heating. I don't like it that way because it makes it appear to not be functioning when it really is but heat is not needed.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:58 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In case you are not aware the ACI & ACII LED's in the overhead are only on when the unit is actively heating. i.e. the ACI and ACII LED's are not like the burner LED. The burner LED is always on whenever the burner switch in the overhead is on. i.e. The burner LED is on regardless of whether the unit is actively heating or not.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:04 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A good test...turn off all heat functions, and run hot water until it's cold. Then turn on ac1 and ac2, and watch your amp loads. You should see each leg increase.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 07:20 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Some early model coaches (2016-2018) had issues with the termination of electrical wires inside the Oasis unit. The wire nuts were not properly installed and would come loose. This would be another place to check.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:55 PM   #6

I have no heat with ac1 and 2 when the burner it’s off. no faults shows at the oasis, and my oasis has been serviced every year

Zzotte
Old 08-09-2022, 02:30 AM   #7

Try just ac1 and see what happens. You may have to open the area on the oasis that houses the wire runs for ac1 and 2. Check for loose connections. It was a known issue. There was potential wire overheating due to poor connections. Also, did you check the breaker?
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:42 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
there should be a junction box by your Oasis unit. Check and see if they are wired correctly.. Ours was doing the same exact thing yours is and the root cause was miswiring of the AC elements. Check the current on each AC leg to each element when you turn AC1 and AC2 on. if no current is measured with the switch on, there is an AC sense relay that may be the culprit (which if the elements are miswired, could now be faulty). Feel free to PM if you have any more questions..
HAM - K5OJT - Yaesu 991A
GUS2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 12:52 PM   #9

Thanks Stang and Paul, the wires at the box fried and lucky for us it didn’t cause a fire funny the stupid thing never trip a breaker, it damage a lot $1900 worth I’m glad I’m at Newmar getting it done

Zzotte

Tags
oasis