Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2018, 05:31 PM   #1

Antenna pre-amp on Kountry Star 2007?

I'm trying to find the location of the antenna pre-amp plate in our Kountry Star 2007. We're at a campground and aren't getting any cable channels detected. The camp host suggested that perhaps I need to turn off the booster for the antenna.

I've looked all over where it might possibly be, and can't seem to find it!

I'll be calling Newmar tomorrow, see if they can point out the location, but thought perhaps one of you good folks might know before I phone them

Thank you

Nic
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2018, 05:40 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Mine is on the box of many buttons in the cabinet over the steering wheel.
imgoin4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #3

Box of many buttons is above passenger seat for us - but not there.

The box above driver side has all entertainment center - but has been thoroughly modified by either one of the previous two owners. Not to the point that a wall plate was removed though. Sooo, I'm not sure.

It's not by the tv in the back, either. Not behind the passenger seat.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:38 PM   #4

I have a 2008 KSDP 3623, so mine might be slightly different. And to be honest, I don't watch live TV, so haven't ever looked for that switch.

But I strongly suspect that mine is on the white plastic Wingard wall plate behind and on the wall next to the passenger's seat. It has a 12v cigarette lighter socket in the middle (which my wife uses for her iPad while driving), and I'm pretty sure it also has the tiny little black illuminated antenna amp power switch up near the top. It's a push/push button. And it lights red when it's on.

Do you have that white wall plate with 12v socket in it? If so, it "should" have the antenna on/off switch. It's a standard Wingard part.

It would make sense for it to be in the entertainment center above the driver. But a previous owner pretty much entirely re-wired and changed all the equipment up there in our coach. So I don't know what a "stock" KSDP has up there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WoodyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:37 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi vavroom
If the box of many switches is still installed be sure to select "cable" and not "antenna" for the TV you are trying to view.
If your KS has or had a satellite previously installed there may be a switch located of a storage in a storage cabinet. In my KS it is on the ceiling of a storage cabinet located on the passenger side, above and behind the front passenger seat. I'm not sue if that was an A/B switch for the original install or a power switch for the antenna booster. My coach has been modified also so I don't use that switch. If it exists in your's it may be relevant.

Best of luck and safe travels!

Cheers
Old 11-27-2018, 07:01 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
First button to left, if this selector box, page 3:12
You can find more info for coach using this link.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";4518563]First button to left, if this selector box,[B][URL="https://newpar.newmarcorp.com/instance1Env99NEWMAR/html/images/2007KSDPOG.pdf
page 3:12[/URL][/B]
You can find more info for coach using this link.

Either the first or second owners modified the coach - we have the box shown on that photo, but it's not attached to anything!
Old 11-27-2018, 07:38 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
??? Are you near the N.H. -- MASS line maybe we could track backwards and see what the previous owners did to your coach.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:43 PM   #9

Is your TV source on cable? Mine needed to be tuned to cable for input for it to find the channels.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjlunda View Post
Is your TV source on cable? Mine needed to be tuned to cable for input for it to find the channels.

Yes, it is. And that's part of the problem. While TV source on "Cable", auto scanning for channels, we get nada. Been advised that sometimes if the pre-amp/12v antenna boost is on, it might cause this issue. Hence looking for the darn thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
??? Are you near the N.H. -- MASS line maybe we could track backwards and see what the previous owners did to your coach.

Alas! No. Currently in the greater Vancouver, BC area.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:44 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If the box is not being used and you are hooking to the cable input connector in the electric bay, the cable input may not be connected. Try hooking directly from the TV to the Cable source.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 06:06 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
I'm surprised the CG host does not have a small TV that can be connected to the cable TV connection at the pedestal. This would prove the CG cable TV is getting to the site. Once completed one can return to the coach and make sure the TV is set up properly and a channel search has been done. The setup is dependent on what kind of TV one has. I had my coach equipped with modern TVs, sat dish and off air antenna. No more BMB or booster to deal with.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna