Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #1

Any input on Tom Lindstrom RV, SoCal ?

Getting ready to pull the trigger and buy a new 2014 40' Dutch Star 4018 from the dealer above, Moorpark, Ca.....(Never intended to buy a new RV let alone this model, but this model and the name Newmar just MADE me do it..!!)...

Any feedback re this dealer.?? I have spoken to Tom and he seems straight forward....Smaller dealer with no pressure.....Minimal info on the internet.......

Any comments ??

Steve and Liz
Elko, Nv and Fallbrook, CA
2006 Gulfstream Class A 31'
sd1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you haven't read the HOOT'S threads in QT's # 3 you should than you will be more knowageable than your dealer and he will even be more nicer.
Here is a Owners Guide to help also.
The three links in my signature below will help also.
You can look him up on this site or add him.
Good luck and congratulation on your DSDP many safe miles for you.

Newmar Dealer location
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:37 PM   #3

I think Tom is honest and easy to work with. I bought my two year old coach from him, no surprises, everything promised was done and on time. When we are ready for our next coach, I will not hesitate to return to him.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I found Tom to be very reasonable and upfront (something I didn't find with other dealers). I learned a lot about the Newmar brand here, from the input of many others so when I went in I was able to ask informed questions. Tom is very knowledgable about the brand and had answers to my many questions. His no pressure approach worked well for my wife and I - we ended up buying a new Ventana from him a few months ago. He and his staff has also been helpful with questions we have had after the purchase - a big plus in my book. Do a search on this website and you will find a few more threads saying the same thing about Tom. If we were to do it again I would go back to him without hesitation.
chipmulgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:56 AM   #5

We purchased our 2014 Ventana from Tom Lindstrom RV - picked it up in November. Nothing but a positive experience. Once we decided that Newmar was the brand for us, I contacted a number of dealers. I found Tom to be very open and easy to talk to compared to the " used car " approach we received from the others. We factory ordered our unit to get the options we wanted. I felt Lindstrom were very competitive on pricing, met their delivery dates, and handled the inspection and turnover process very professionally. Tom is a smaller dealer, with a rather " barebones " facility compared to some, but I'd recommend him.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:01 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1209 View Post
Getting ready to pull the trigger and buy a new 2014 40' Dutch Star 4018 from the dealer above, Moorpark, Ca.....(Never intended to buy a new RV let alone this model, but this model and the name Newmar just MADE me do it..!!)...

Any feedback re this dealer.?? I have spoken to Tom and he seems straight forward....Smaller dealer with no pressure.....Minimal info on the internet.......

Any comments ??
sd1209 ... I don't know anything about Tom ... but sure like your coach selection.

Congratulations !!

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:38 PM   #7

He's great

Purchased my 2013 Canyon Star in July of last year from Tom. He came highly recommended from numerous friends and past co-workers ( I am a retired LAPD Sergeant). Tom is honest, easy going and a no pressure guy. He lets the coaches sell themselves. I plan to purchase my next coach from him in a couple of years when I move up to a diesel pusher. I had several "large" retailers in So. Calif and went to most of them. I found Tom to be accessible and knowledgable. You can't go wrong with him.

John G
Bajaman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #8

I work in Moorpark and have gone to Lindstrom's dealership quite a few times. Even after being told up front that we are nowhere near ready to purchase, Tom has spent a fair amount of time with us, and we get a really good impression of him. Definitely low pressure.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:24 PM   #9

Ditto on the above posts. Tom was easy-going and informative when we purchased our Bay Star. We would definitely return to Lindstrom RV when we are ready to size up!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #10

Tom lindstrom

I have nothing bad to say about Tom. I bugged Tom for at least 3 months before I pulled the trigger. I started looking at gas coaches from Tom and many other places. Went to the Rose Bowl and dealt with the pushy types of salesmen and looked at many other dealers. I kept going back to the Newmar line of coaches. Others didn't seem to compare. Tom, Scotty, and Mike were very helpful and I didn't feel uncomfortable coming back. I changed many options after reading all of the different post. It was never a problem.

I finally ended up with a Ventana 3634 Diesel Pusher that I saw at the Pomona RV Show. I only wanted to give the order to Tom so the Regional Salesman, Jeffery Lake helped me write up the order. Jeffery was very helpful too. Tom has never been pushy and his staff has always been helpful. They even brought a coach to my house to make sure it fit in our side yard.

I was going to trade in my Montana when our coach was ready. I didn't want to do consignment. Tom just cut me a check and I left it with him.

My coach was supposed to go into production on 1-8-14. I didn't hear from Tom so I called and left a message. He called me back from Vegas where he is vacationing and let me know that everything was on schedule. He has also returned my call from his Hawaii vacation. I don't know of any other dealer who would call you back from their vacation.

Hopefully the rest of my experience will be great but at this time I have no reason to believe it won't be.
umcontractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:11 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Thumbs up tom lindstrom fabulous

We cannot say enough good stuff about Tom. You will not find a more honest, upfront, pleasant, helpful and responsive dealer. AND the best price. Yes, it sounds to good to be true. But it is. We bought a 2015 Dutchstar last October. Its true.

Do yourself a favor and call Tom first. If you want a Newmar, it will be your last phonecall.

Enjoy!
Old 05-28-2015, 03:38 PM   #12

I just got an email from Tom Lindstrom. Our new 2015 DS 4018 is now on his lot. We plan to be in Moorpark this coming Tuesday to learn about it, and take it home with us. We are from Carefree, AZ.

Tom and Scott have both been wonderful to work with.

You won't go wrong working with Tom Lindstrom.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:15 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Sooooo excited for you! Tell Tom hi from KandP. He will laugh. And take a look at the 2016 cherries jubilee dutchstar on the lot. I want to see it "up close".

Congrats!
Old 05-28-2015, 05:04 PM   #14

Thanks,
I look forward to seeing the 2016 as well. But won't spend much time there. I'm guessing my time will be filled with learning.