Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2018, 04:07 PM   #29

I posted my experience, a few posts above, with my iPad streaming to an anycast dongle through airplay. I had to update the iOS on the iPad I was only one update short. After that no problems with dish either. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180517_231632.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	204093
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2018, 04:17 PM   #30

I received this thing the other day based on favorable reviews. It is supposed to hook up to the iPhone 7 and mirror onto the TV.

Nope.

I thought it was the HDMI outlet on the relatively old Toshiba TV I was using.

Nope.

I hooked up the first generation Amazon Firestick and it worked perfectly.

It's Apple.

I, too, was going to mirror DirecTV from my phone onto the TV.

I might have to purchase a new Firestick to try. There was a news story that said Direct Now will be available on the newer Firesticks after a software update. I tried to update my software and it just sat. Not on my old dog.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AV Adapter.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	204095  
Old 05-24-2018, 06:33 PM   #31

Save your money and use this. Its what Im using with my iPad and MacBook. Im considering a second one and replacing the chromecast

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BRGKW2D/
Old 05-24-2018, 06:49 PM   #32

I'll try it! Might as well...I have a few more returns before my Amazon account is cut off for too many returns! 😎
Old 05-28-2018, 08:49 PM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogus View Post
I received this thing the other day based on favorable reviews. It is supposed to hook up to the iPhone 7 and mirror onto the TV.

Nope.

I thought it was the HDMI outlet on the relatively old Toshiba TV I was using.

Nope.

I hooked up the first generation Amazon Firestick and it worked perfectly.

It's Apple.

I, too, was going to mirror DirecTV from my phone onto the TV.

I might have to purchase a new Firestick to try. There was a news story that said Direct Now will be available on the newer Firesticks after a software update. I tried to update my software and it just sat. Not on my old dog.

Yes, it a Apple thing~~~ you can not mirror cast the Direct TV App from any Apple Device. Even the New Apple TV 4 will not replay the Direct TV App from your phone or tablet. Don't waste your time or money. Don't confuse Direct TV App with Direct TV Now. They are two different animals. Direct TV Now is a paid streaming program. You must have access to the internet. Even if you have unlimited data, most companies will throttle back on your 4g data download after about 22gb of data use. It would all depend on how much they throttle back if you would be able to watch Direct TV video. Not a good option. Direct TV Now is good for a LAN system at home if you have a true unlimited system. IMHO, I would not get Direct TV Now and use over a phone data system. I just think it would be a waste. I would ask ATT if using Direct TV Now on a phone system would get throttled back so far that you could not use it for watching Direct TV Now.

I tried the Apple thing until I was blue in the face. JUST CAN NOT BE DONE!!! You can Air Play {mirror cast) lots of other things, but NO DIRECT TV .

. Apple is a waste of time and money when it come to mirror casting Direct TV App.

I have no problem using certain Android devices to mirror cast Direct TV APP!!! Just no Apple
hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:19 PM   #34

My coach came with a Sony Tablet and it works great with Sony TVs

Coral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:34 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
Save your money and use this. Its what Im using with my iPad and MacBook. Im considering a second one and replacing the chromecast

I just bought one of these to use with my iPhone. I want to Airplay Waze on the big screen for my DW and navigator.

Coral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:21 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post

I have it.

I plugged it into the TV HDMI port (older Toshiba which I use as my 3-year-old Dell Monitor) and it's a dud. I can see the little tiny blue light is on and I tried switching between Miracast and DLNA (whatever the heck that is) and my screen is blank.

I found the WiFi signal (Anycast-11b231)on my iPhone and iPad and it kinda connected to the iPad for 3 seconds and disconnected. I used their password of 12345678. It now says "No Internet Connection". Weird.

I'm holding the iPad right next to the WiFi dongle.

This is driving me nutz.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:22 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogus View Post
I have it.

I plugged it into the TV HDMI port (older Toshiba which I use as my 3-year-old Dell Monitor) and it's a dud. I can see the little tiny blue light is on and I tried switching between Miracast and DLNA (whatever the heck that is) and my screen is blank.

I found the WiFi signal (Anycast-11b231)on my iPhone and iPad and it kinda connected to the iPad for 3 seconds and disconnected. I used their password of 12345678. It now says "No Internet Connection". Weird.

I'm holding the iPad right next to the WiFi dongle.

This is driving me nutz.
The farther away from a wifi signal the better. You need to be at least 5 feet.

I had to reboot mine once by pulling the power and disconnecting it from the HDMI. I think it was blank. Hasn't happened since then.

As far as switching. In the manual it says no need to switch it switches automatically. I pressed the button mine and it did nothing. *shrugs*

So to set up wifi for the Anycast dongle to connect your internet, you connect your device to the Anycast as a wifi connection then you go to the IP address showing on the screen of the TV, through your web browser like your setting up a wireless router \ and you can connect the Anycast to wifi there so that you can then connect your device to that same wifi if you need to stream content off the internet. The exception appears to be with the Samsung running Oreo. It will connect to the wifi and pull data from the internet. more about that later

Did you switch to the right input? Sounds obvious but we got the inputs mixed up on the media receiver, it was a little puzzling at first. Mine came right up switched to HDMI 2. Try restarting the TV so it looks at that port again also restart the phone or whatever you are connecting with.

So playing around with it on my Samsung I connected to it as a wifi connection. It said there is no internet (as expected) then I was able to mirror my screen.
I thought I would not have any internet but my phone activated the data so I can stream through the wifi connection to the anycast and pull my content through my data connection. This is way awesome! No more having to hotspot my husbands phone for the internet.
Ill post a screenshot later.

On my iPad I can connect directly to it but have to use an app that supports downloaded content over Airplay. Dish doesn't but will support it if I connect both the iPad and Anycast to the same wifi. I don't know if our Netflix subscription has the option of downloading offline content. Ill play with that later.

On my Mac I was able to connect directly to it and cast my screen. Then airplay pitched a fit and I cant get it going again without rebooting so I will have to play with that later. No resident dish app so no option to download content to play offline. Not too concerned, I don't take my MacBook with me anyway.

Hopefully you can get past the black screen. Im going to play with my Chromecast later and see if I can do the same thing with it through my Samsung phone.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:52 PM   #38

In the highlighted area you see the wifi with 2 arrows pointing towards each other. It's Connected to the Anycast as a cLosed wifi connection and getting data from the cellular connection.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180601_004327.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	205160