Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Any opinions of Holiday World in Katy Tx

Especially purchasing and PDI?
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2019, 09:03 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Very very low. They attempted to force a sale, calling my bank to insist the transfer happen while I was inroute to pickup. The unit had been lived in by security and then to top it off, while we were there, it was hit by a worker moving a 5th wheel. Tore the awning off causing major structural damage to the fiberglass.

They had the audacity to tell me it would only take a few hours to fix and they would do it while I was taking care of paperwork.

We left never to return.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:17 AM   #3

I have purchased a couple of RVs from Holiday World, Katy. The first was a travel trailer for full time use in Louisiana for work. The "deal" wasn't as good as I thought and the PDI was quick and OK. The second purchase from HW, my third RV purchase overall, was the Newmar we have now. The "deal" was pretty good as this unit was on their lot for quite some time and they wanted to move it, pretty much the only reason I purchased it from them. The financing was reasonable. The PDI, from reading other owner's PDI experiences with other dealers around the country, was pretty dismal. It was a quick rundown of the equipment that lasted maybe an hour. And the gentleman giving the PDI was not the normal PDI person and gave me some incorrect information. I have not tried their service department, heard too many stories (not going to go into details). In fact, next week we are going to the Newmar factory for the warranty work that needs to be performed.

In general, I am leary of the service departments of all of the RV centers we have in Katy, and we have quite a few. Finding service outfits that trully care and have SKILLED responsible craftsmen is an absolute rarity. We are facing the skilled craftsman issue on the project that I work as well. There is no pride in workmanship any longer, just a give me the money attitude.
ScotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:10 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Like most big dealers they want to rush you in and rush you out.

My suggestion is to put in the contract that there will be a predelivery inspection and demonstration of all systems on the RV. All items that are not 100% at this time will be repaired and the unit will be reinspected a week later. At this time, if all is corrected, you will release funds and pick the unit up in a day or two.

Do not be rushed through a 1 hour once over and off the lot. Our daughter did the above with Demontron and got a unit delivers with everything 100%. First inspection failed with a few items including a drain pipe leak under the sink.

Make sure they demonstrate the water system with the tank filled as well as on the city water. Fill tanks and sinks. Drain all and check for leaks ins and under the cabinets. Make sure all of the slides operate smoothly and quietly.

Ken
Old 06-16-2019, 11:19 AM   #5
Rd1

fwiw,

I believe this is the same dealer you are asking for. this was one owners experience, the original thread I believe was removed due to "litigation"?

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/full...-321650-2.html
Rd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:21 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Wife and I were very disappointed after visiting their sales lot in Katy. The salesman was rushed, uninformed and had a 'buy it or leave' attitude. One friend made a purchase there (Airstream) and swears he will never be back for any reason. Apparently, service is no better than sales.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:30 PM   #7

I did’t purchase a motorhome from them but did purchase some equipment from them. Very disappointed in the price and other fees they did not mention before I bought the equipment. I would read the online reviews before purchasing anything there. Read offsite reviews, not the ones on their website. A lot of folks talks about what a terrible experience they had with them.

JMcG
2016 VTDP
JMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #8

Purchased a 2017 Dutch Star 4369 from them at the end of April 2019. Only 2400 miles on the coach. After 3 days of haggling over price from our home in Colorado we made the deal and drove down and picked the coach up about 10 days later. Our PDI was done by their primary Newmar guy and he took all the time we requested to go through the coach with us. As a previous Alpine Apex owner for 10 years, and having spent a lot of time on IRV2 reading Newmar posts, I had a specific list of questions and all were answered properly. Financing and title work were handled professionally.
Since we are in Colorado I won't be using their service center for any repair work; will use Transwest instead.
DEC0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:29 PM   #9

We looked at their Katy branch and the poor reviews are typical for what we experienced. We ended up going up to Willis when we got serious about purchasing. They are much more knowledgeable about the RVs that they sell. Cannot speak about their service.

We actually ended up buying from someone else.