Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2020, 04:21 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Any recommendations for RV warranty work Houston area?

Can anyone recommend a location in the Houston area to address:
1) warranty work On coach
2) warrranty work on our Cummins engine
3) warranty work on our Spartan chassis

The dealer we purchased our Ventana from in the Houston area was dismally disappointing. I wished we were not inquiring about any of the above.
txaggies1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2020, 04:06 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
txaggies --

Let me guess, you purchased your Ventana (new I presume) from Holiday World near Katy. When I had a safety recall for my 2016 Ventana LE, I worked with RV Masters which is located on Bingle Road a couple of miles north of I-10. I expressed to RV Masters and Newmar my frustration with the very poor warranty / maintenance service provided by Holiday World. RV Masters advised they perform warranty / recall work for Newmar coaches and Newmar authorizes them to do so.

The only issue having RV Masters do warranty / recall work is "personal cash flow" i.e. the customer must pay RV Masters for the work performed and then submit a reimbursement request to Newmar. For the safety recall work I had performed (~$300 cost) I received reimbursement from Newmar in about two weeks.

RV Masters has done great work for me the last five years. I suggest you contact them to discuss your warranty work --> https://www.rvmastersinc.com/

For Cummins engine warranty work (if RV Masters can't do the work), I suggest Cummins Coach Care located on the northeast section of I-610 loop. On my Ventana LE my engine was in need of its two year coolant replacement and had a leaking engine block heater. The engine block heater was replaced under warranty as was an ECM software update. Cummins Coach Care has done great work for me (my first experience was having to replace the coolant reservoir along with 1,000 hour maintenance for the Onan generator in my previous coach). Cummins Coach Care would be a great choice for engine warranty work --> https://www.cummins.com/engines/moto...rvice-location

RV Masters performs chassis work. I don't know if the can provide warranty service for a Spartan chassis.

Hope this info helps! And finally "Geaux Tigers" !!
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 05:00 PM   #3

Check out Channelview. I have had good luck with those guys, right off I-10.

http://www.channelviewsupply.com/
scottandanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:38 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
We are newbies at warranty repairs

Thank you for the info on your experience with repairs in the Houston area. We had an excellent experience with Cummins in Dallas at twhich time we were told there was one in the Houston area. Very professional business and quick repair to a major issue.
We are unsure where to go for the toilet that seems to be letting too much water into the bowl After each flush. This causes the black tank to fill quickly. Our one year mark comes at the end of October.
We look forward to getting the bugs worked out of our 2019 Ventana 4369.
txaggies1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty