Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2022, 05:43 AM   #15

I doubt there will be shortages of fuel... there may be shortages of $$'s in your wallet if you do go on the trip. We will be driving about 5-6k miles this summer. Fl to NC to Maine to SD then Wy and work our way back. We briefly talked about changing plans, but who knows what the future will bring, so we are continuing with our plans.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2022, 06:34 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Cook View Post
Thanks for the input. I hate to give up this trip as I spent weeks planning and making reservations. You all know what that is like. I am getting to the end of the road age wise to be taking big trips and want to do so while I can.

Hopefully things will change for the best in the near future.

Travel safe and have a great adventure.
I'm right there with you "age wise"! And for that very same reason; we WILL be making our planned trip out west. The International in Wyoming, then a caravan through Nebraska, S. Dakota, N. Dakota, & Montana; ending in West Yellowstone. Neither of us have ever been that far West, so it is still a "GO"!
As for gas prices, we will "bite the bullet" & "pay as we go"!
My son said, Dad, "I've never seen a Brinks truck following a Hearse!" "Go enjoy yourselves, as you have worked hard all your life, & it's time to enjoy the fruits of your labor!" What a wonderful "Son"!
So, do whatever you feel most comfortable doing, but above all else, enjoy yourself, as tomorrow is not a given!
God Bless, & Safe Travels!!
Jabber Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 07:52 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Hey Jabber Jaw, can I rent your son for a motivational pep talk?

I’ll be at the International as well. Come look me up. I’ll be in the Newmar. [emoji13][emoji13]
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 04:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-1701A View Post
I don't believe there will be shortages. For anyone that will pay the price, it will be available. Glad to see that all the oil pumping countries we've literally saved or helped are stepping up to help us now. :-/
My son in law manages a company that delivers diesel to marinas and farms. His trucks are 20,000 gal and each have 2,000 gals in them and the place they normally get their supply won't let them have any. They have to travel another 30 miles to get what they need. So the problem is already here in west central FL.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 04:05 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Returned from Florida the end of March and parked the RV.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:08 PM   #20

We canceled our trip to Nova Scotia,may be next year.The cost of fuel is not so much a concern,but the availability.My wife's family are over the road truckers on the east coast.They told us some of there regular stops are not getting there full deliveries of fuel.Shorter trips sound good for now.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 12:31 PM   #21

We just canceled our planned trip from home in central FL towards Natchez and on up to TN and then on to CT where our kids live. We usually spend the summer spiltting our time mooch docking at their houses. This year it's not gonna happen. The fuel costs are putting a lot of pressure on our already sizable fuel budget $$$$. There may or not be a shortage in the Northeast. Indications are that there will be an impact on available fuel. I don't want to be "stuck" in CT or anywhere inbetween if availabilty becomes a problem. We've stayed in FL before during the summer months and managed to survive it. Maybe we'll just do some close to home RV travel.
Old 05-22-2022, 04:22 PM   #22

We have two trips planned for the summer and one this fall. Out west to Colorado. And up the east coast to Acadia and then on to Petosky, MI for fall colors. All starting from Florida. Not going say it won’t be more expensive, it will be. We are not going to give up what we enjoy. My figures show double the fuel cost Vs last year.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 10:52 AM   #23

just did a quick trip to North Fl from Memphis TN never saw diesel less than $5.07 (sams club) and it was about $900-1000 round trip... most LOVES were $5.69gal it is what it is... we have a 100lb german shepard that might not be welcome in a hotel... he likes to travel... have a similar trip planned end of june... filled up before i parked it just in case it goes to $9gal... but i'm still going...
ponytl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 12:00 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have been waiting two years to go to Alaska and it would have taken a lot to stop me. I left CA end of April and started making my way there. Paid $6.50 gallon in Canada (after exchange) $5.20 in TOK, AK. It's now $5.85 in Valdez, AK. It could be worse next year, who knows.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:04 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Just traveled us287 from Amarillo to Dallas and back. Saw a couple of stations for $4.79 and most were $5.05 with a few At $5.69. Traffic Sunday afternoon seemed less than normal but it wasn’t a holiday either. Hopefully fuel stays available and doesn’t get any more outrageous for summer and fall travel.
Old 05-24-2022, 02:49 PM   #26

We are due to leave a week from today for a 6 month trip. No plans to cancel.
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:33 PM   #27

Larry &Linda

We have adjustments to the 2022 plan. Took out one stop that cut about a 1k miles and staying longe at most stops. We are at stop 8 now …. Livin it lovin it rv’n it
baldwinlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:44 PM   #28

We leave 5/26 on a 70 day 17 stop 4800 mile journey. No thought of canceling. Not happy with fuel prices but not going to park a depreciating asset and watch it lose money with out enjoying it. Suspect speed will drop a bit in a small effort to save a few bucks, but that may not last long.
2019 New Aire 33452021 London Aire 4579 2023 Newell #1746
Toad: 21 Ford Bronco - Blue OX and Airforce One
AZRVR17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel