Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Approx cost to change bench dining to buffet table with 4 chairs in a 4369 plan

Does anyone have a clue to what the cost might be to change out the bench eating area to the dinette with buffet and chairs. I am looking at a few used 4369's and It seems the standard bench options are more predominate out there.

Also along the same lines any Idea on changing out the one sofa with the 2 recliners as well.

I am assuming getting that done at the factory would be the best bet to get things matched up properly.
Any one done it?

Thanks Dave
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2017, 04:56 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
What year 4369's
Old 03-28-2017, 05:16 PM   #3

Re booth replacement. I was thinking the same, but didn't want to loose all that storage.
I removed a bench, attached the other to the back wall and set the table parallel to the bench. When I have company, I just pull out the folded chairs from the 'basement'. I am no longer looking at a wall, have more open space and love it.
Lady JMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:35 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
As far as the couch replacement I have just heard that on 2016 and newer coaches they are not tiled under the couches. Earlier than that it is carpet under the couch.

If you swap out the euro booth the would need to add the outlet to the lower left corner in side the Buffett if you want to use it for a printer.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:18 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I don't think you'd need the factory to do the switch. The different dinette options were designed to be interchangeable. We bought our 2015 off the lot. It had the booth dinette in it as it left the factory and we had the dealer switch it out to the freestanding table with counter. It didn't seem to be a big deal to the dealer at all. If possible, with just the 2 regular chairs and without the 2 folding chairs.
One person said they like the storage under the benches of the booth dinette but the storage in the dinette cabinet is more useful to us. We love our freestanding table and the side cabinet. We specified that ours have wooden tops on the table and cabinet which we also like.
lucyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Why don't you give Carlyle Lehmann in Nappanee a call, he can match the cabinet style. check his website , focalwood.com
You can find the phone # on the website, call & leave a message, he has no phone in the house,only in the shop. He does high quality work !
Siggy
siggyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:59 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
When we bought our 2014 4018, it had the booth dinette. It was the only thing we really disliked, but gave it a try. After a couple of trips I decided to replace it with the table and buffet. Originally, I think Newmar quoted me about $5K, which included a new table, 2 full size chairs and the buffet. I went to my dealer and he got it for about $3400. I made a mistake when I did it. I already had the two folding chairs, comes with the booth, so I ordered the full size chairs so everything would match. They retailed from Newmar for about $900.00 each. Absolutely ridiculous. We ended up buying them and hated how they pinched your butt and everything stained the shiny material, even water.

So.....I would order just the table and buffet. There are numerous places you can buy nice chairs. We bought for new chairs from a place back east. Their folding chairs were identical to their non folding. On the non folding chairs, the seat cushions lifted up for storage. I'm guessing it will run you around $3000.00, unless you make friends with a dealer who will order at his cost.

I sold the booth and table for $300.00 on Craigslist. Many people looking for booths.....it sold in two days. The booth doesn't leave any holes that you will see. The only issue, was the mount for the table, "L" bracket that bolts to the wall. I had to rework the brackets to make them fit the new table. In retrospect, I would order the new brackets that re made for the buffet and table.

Lastly, I felt I didn't lose any storage. The drawers in the booth were hard to pack and could only be accessed when the slides were open. The buffet has quite a bit of storage in the cabinets.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:08 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Check the Bay Star cost to replace the booth dinette with the buffet/computer setup with the free standing table and chairs, I think it was about $1,700.
2012 Bay Star 2901, 2 ACs, 5.5KW Onan, 765W solar & Outback FM-60, 800 AH Lifeline AGMs & Magnum MS2812 + AGS + BMK, Koni FSDs, Safe-T-Plus, Super Steer Rear Track Bar, MCD Duo shades w/powered cockpit, remodeled galley, Sumo springs and 2008 Tacoma 4x4 toad.
joes2901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:15 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
We are finding several 2017 4369's that have Euro Booths. We want the Dinette Computer station with pull out table or free standing table. The dealer we are taking to has never changed out a 2016/2017 euro booth. They don't know if the euro booth is fully tiled underneath. If it isn't it would be a no go. Any help?
Old 05-23-2017, 09:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
When we bought our 2014 4018, it had the booth dinette. It was the only thing we really disliked, but gave it a try. After a couple of trips I decided to replace it with the table and buffet. Originally, I think Newmar quoted me about $5K, which included a new table, 2 full size chairs and the buffet. I went to my dealer and he got it for about $3400. I made a mistake when I did it. I already had the two folding chairs, comes with the booth, so I ordered the full size chairs so everything would match. They retailed from Newmar for about $900.00 each. Absolutely ridiculous. We ended up buying them and hated how they pinched your butt and everything stained the shiny material, even water.

So.....I would order just the table and buffet. There are numerous places you can buy nice chairs. We bought for new chairs from a place back east. Their folding chairs were identical to their non folding. On the non folding chairs, the seat cushions lifted up for storage. I'm guessing it will run you around $3000.00, unless you make friends with a dealer who will order at his cost.

I sold the booth and table for $300.00 on Craigslist. Many people looking for booths.....it sold in two days. The booth doesn't leave any holes that you will see. The only issue, was the mount for the table, "L" bracket that bolts to the wall. I had to rework the brackets to make them fit the new table. In retrospect, I would order the new brackets that re made for the buffet and table.

Lastly, I felt I didn't lose any storage. The drawers in the booth were hard to pack and could only be accessed when the slides were open. The buffet has quite a bit of storage in the cabinets.

Hey Don ... Do you remember the name or website of the place you bought the chairs from? I saw a posting about a place to buy them about a year ago, but can't find it now.

Jack
jrwitt is offline   Reply With Quote