Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2018, 03:36 PM   #1

AquaMiser

Looking for opinions and or experiences that owners of 2018 Dutch Star 4369 or any other floor plan that has the new AquaMiser feature installed in their shower. I for one am not too impressed with it. The Blue mushroom shows very little change in color and the water doesn't seem to get very hot. Please share your comments. Thanks!
Michman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2018, 06:15 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It seems you’ve answered your own question, By saying the water doesn’t seem to get hot..would explain the lack of color change.

It is simply a diverter...capable of returning water to the fresh tank, while you purge the lines of cold water. This...with or without a color change will save a bit on water usage.

If the water isn’t hot...the source has nothing to do with the aquamiser. It is the hot water heater/Oasis...or whatever you have. I will say...replacing the standard shower valve with a better, pressure compensating type will give you improved results. We had horrible luck trying to get consistent temperature in our Ventana until we replaced the valve with a Moen Alder fixture. Now, it stays where we set it.

I would start with making sure the system has good hot water. Then if you want, open the diverter all the way...open the shower valve to full hot...use the color change, or just wait a minute or so...readjust the valve to the location you usually find comfortable...then flip the diverter.

If it weren’t such a hassle...I would consider adding it to our 2016...but we will just have to sacrifice some water each time we bathe...

I think the Aquamiser is a simplistic but somewhat functional system. If you want to go all out (semi nonsensical) you might get this system retrofitted into your coach...

https://orbital-systems.com/savings/
Old 06-27-2018, 06:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michman66 View Post
Looking for opinions and or experiences that owners of 2018 Dutch Star 4369 or any other floor plan that has the new AquaMiser feature installed in their shower. I for one am not too impressed with it. The Blue mushroom shows very little change in color and the water doesn't seem to get very hot. Please share your comments. Thanks!
We had it installed as an extra on our New Aire. I find it very handy for getting the shower ready without wasting any water. Can't say that we really use the color indicator as the basis for when to get in the shower (I just let the water circulate for a minute or two while getting ready). You can then get in, close the door and finally use it to turn on the water flow and control the volume of water coming out of the shower head. We have the shower head with a removable wand and can use the AquaMiser to easily turn off the water flow while lathering up with the wand just hanging. Yes, I think it is worthwhile. If your water is not getting very hot, that has nothing to do with the AquaMiser.
BuckyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:49 PM   #4

Works great for dry camping. In our 18 DS, it works as designed. Saves water.
Although there isn’t the need for it when you are on shore water, keep in mind that if you are and you use the AquaMiser, you will be adding water to the water tank. If the tank is full, you will overflow the tank. Not sure how I know this.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:52 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - Love ours! We have been camping the last few weeks where water is not available at the site. It has saved many gallons of water (which translates into longer times between having to leave the site to fill the tank). I agree with the above that the source of the hot water is the issue, not the AquaMiser. By chance have you checked the hose in the wet bay to make sure you don't have one or both of the valves turned on the sprayer? That will kill the ability to get hot water but will supply you with luke warm water.

Tom
Old 06-28-2018, 12:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winepress View Post
Works great for dry camping. In our 18 DS, it works as designed. Saves water.
Although there isn’t the need for it when you are on shore water, keep in mind that if you are and you use the AquaMiser, you will be adding water to the water tank. If the tank is full, you will overflow the tank. Not sure how I know this.
I hadn’t thought about overflowing the tank??? We’ve been on shore water with auto fill and no issues (that I’m aware of).
Old 06-28-2018, 08:56 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you are all electric you might need to turn on the diesel heater for the water - the electric only did not do it for DW during our first trip. I also learned the hard way about where the water goes if you are on city water and use the miser!
wepinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:45 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Does anybody know what the different dial settings are for the Miser know? Obviously, 9 o'clock recirculates all the water (you can feel it click at that position). I'm usually setting it to 3 o'clock to turn that feature off completely but there is no click at that position. I'm wondering why it clicks at 1:30 o'clock and 4:30 o'clock.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 06-28-2018, 12:53 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - Can't tell you in a Ventana but in a DS it's a Dr. Pepper. 10 is return to fresh tank. 2 is hand held and 6 is rain shower head. It really will depend on which brand of shower control valve you have.

Tom
Old 06-28-2018, 01:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Hi - Can't tell you in a Ventana but in a DS it's a Dr. Pepper. 10 is return to fresh tank. 2 is hand held and 6 is rain shower head. It really will depend on which brand of shower control valve you have.

Tom
Interesting....ours is also 10 - return, 6 - shower head. Haven't really tried 2.

I'm still not clear on why some are overflowing their fresh water tank? Ours hasn't...could it be because we have the water set to auto fill...which stops the flow when the tank is full?