Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2022, 08:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickmandr View Post
Well I have emails after emails but since I started posting the have called me to take care of the issues. I have been waiting since October.
This makes post #5 without any context.

Can you specify anything?
Will you specify anything?

Not sure how serious your situation is, and I know others have asked your situation.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2022, 08:34 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ted View Post
Unfortunately this is becoming the norm with Newmar :(
Do you have any data to support this claim? Certainly cannot base it on a few unfortunate problem coaches that dominate these posts out of hundreds built.

Based on comparing our 2020 Kountry Star to our 2022 Dutch Star I can say, so far, my warranty list for the 2022 is a quarter of what we went through with the 2020. And not a single item is preventing us from fully enjoying the use. Waiting until mid summer to put it in for the warranty service.

So based on my sample size of 2 RVs I would say their quality has improved.
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:40 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVStitchy View Post
Do you have any data to support this claim? Certainly cannot base it on a few unfortunate problem coaches that dominate these posts out of hundreds built.

Based on comparing our 2020 Kountry Star to our 2022 Dutch Star I can say, so far, my warranty list for the 2022 is a quarter of what we went through with the 2020. And not a single item is preventing us from fully enjoying the use. Waiting until mid summer to put it in for the warranty service.

So based on my sample size of 2 RVs I would say their quality has improved.
So your opinion is based on sample size of 2 RVs? Mine is based on the many travelers in the many places who have purchased one that i have spoke to personally . Did i keep track of all this data ? Sorry, Didn't know there would be a test..
Mr Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 09:33 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ted View Post
So your opinion is based on sample size of 2 RVs? Mine is based on the many travelers in the many places who have purchased one that i have spoke to personally . Did i keep track of all this data ? Sorry, Didn't know there would be a test..

I think you need to look at it the opposite. Your opinion and one other poster in this thread are the only ones that feel that way. I also notice that you are not a Newmar owner, nor do I see that you have ever purchased a new Newmar coach in your limited postings here. I do not understand the purpose of your continued insistence that Newmar customer service is poor and getting worse, without any firsthand knowledge. Be very careful of rumors and naysayers, because without the entire history, you never know what you are getting into. As far as there "being a test"---anytime you want to disparage a persons reputation, you better damn well be prepared to back it up with clear infallible data and testimony and documentation.

I have been a Newmar owner since 2013, and have purchased 3 coaches, all new, all custom delivered. I can tell you that based on my experience, and the 1000's of owners I have talked with, on this forum, other forums, and in person, all agree that customer service is improving and the best in the industry.

Sure there is room for improvement, and you will see that I have not been afraid to call out Newmar for their failures and shortcomings.

The approach I have taken has a proven successful track record for Newmar owners, Freightliner owners, and many other products.

The formula is very simple:

1) Respectful communication
2) Clear understanding of the problem
3) Clear understanding of the solution required
4) Clear communication of #2 and #3 to all parties
5) Holding the vendor(s) accountable, without alienating them. Make sure they have a clear path to look good at the end of the process.
6) Consistency in communication
7) Have a follow up action plan for the next engagement
8) Keep detailed logs of all communications, including names, dates, and outcome
9) Have realistic expectations for performance.

10) Be Kind, Courteous in all actions.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 09:46 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lets keep this thread on topic. This thread is targeted to owners purchasing a New Newmar RV in 2022. Used coaches and other brands are off topic, and should start their own thread.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 01:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I think you need to look at it the opposite. Your opinion and one other poster in this thread are the only ones that feel that way. I also notice that you are not a Newmar owner, nor do I see that you have ever purchased a new Newmar coach in your limited postings here. I do not understand the purpose of your continued insistence that Newmar customer service is poor and getting worse, without any firsthand knowledge. Be very careful of rumors and naysayers, because without the entire history, you never know what you are getting into. As far as there "being a test"---anytime you want to disparage a persons reputation, you better damn well be prepared to back it up with clear infallible data and testimony and documentation.

I have been a Newmar owner since 2013, and have purchased 3 coaches, all new, all custom delivered. I can tell you that based on my experience, and the 1000's of owners I have talked with, on this forum, other forums, and in person, all agree that customer service is improving and the best in the industry.

Sure there is room for improvement, and you will see that I have not been afraid to call out Newmar for their failures and shortcomings.

The approach I have taken has a proven successful track record for Newmar owners, Freightliner owners, and many other products.

The formula is very simple:

1) Respectful communication
2) Clear understanding of the problem
3) Clear understanding of the solution required
4) Clear communication of #2 and #3 to all parties
5) Holding the vendor(s) accountable, without alienating them. Make sure they have a clear path to look good at the end of the process.
6) Consistency in communication
7) Have a follow up action plan for the next engagement
8) Keep detailed logs of all communications, including names, dates, and outcome
9) Have realistic expectations for performance.

10) Be Kind, Courteous in all actions.
Obviously you "pretend" to know me ? Why i have no idea. For one i am a previous Newmar owner who WAS satisfied. Your statement of...Your opinion and one other poster in this thread are the only ones that feel that way. Is TOTALY not true.. I see you failed to read of the many people that i said i have spoken to and feel this way. They are owners but dont count ? And..anytime you want to disparage a persons reputation?? Who was disparaged ?And how ? And...back it up with clear infallible data and testimony and documentation... So im supposed to write down people names, address's date of birth Etc.. of the many people i have spoken to? Please tell me you are Kidding ... Right? We all come here to learn. Im glad to pass along what i have learned. If you are not interested that is your choice. But to silence my findings would be wrong and unnecessary.
Old 01-27-2022, 01:48 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Let’s please knock off this back and forth bickering. Any posts that are not on topic going forward will be removed.
Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 01:57 PM   #22

Apologies and thanks to the moderator.
Old 01-27-2022, 03:26 PM   #23

Our 2022 Dutch Star arrived at NIRVC Atlanta this afternoon. Pick up scheduled for Feb 9. Yeah!
Old 01-27-2022, 05:48 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandGloria View Post
Our 2022 Dutch Star arrived at NIRVC Atlanta this afternoon. Pick up scheduled for Feb 9. Yeah!
TomandGloria ... great to hear this. I will really be interested in how the pick-up goes since we will be doing the same thing there in about 30 days. Any tips or suggestions you have will be appreciated.

On a side note ... I have been a little concerned with the winter delivery and making sure they get all the road salt washed off. Let me know how they do with that.

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 05:55 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandGloria View Post
Congrats Tom & Gloria!! The excitement builds!

We look forward to seeing your new coach, and having you visit!!

Y'all will be diving the highways again soon!
Jabber Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:38 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickmandr View Post
Well I have emails after emails but since I started posting the have called me to take care of the issues. I have been waiting since October.
Hopefully this forum gets back on topic!! we are anxious to see the 2023 lineup which is not far in the future!
HAM - K5OJT - Yaesu 991A
GUS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:41 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSteve View Post
TomandGloria ... great to hear this. I will really be interested in how the pick-up goes since we will be doing the same thing there in about 30 days. Any tips or suggestions you have will be appreciated.

On a side note ... I have been a little concerned with the winter delivery and making sure they get all the road salt washed off. Let me know how they do with that.

FLSteve
Be happy to report back.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:28 AM   #28

Well it appears that no one is cancelling their 22 orders-at least on this forum. To maybe add a little perspective, people like me who purchased a rig in 2021 are truly shocked by the price increases we have seen in the last year, but if you started your search in late 21, maybe you are not as shocked because your perspective is different. I think people have capitulated to the fact that prices on everything are going up like crazy and if you want it bad enough, you will pony up the cash. Also, most people buying in this price segment tend to be elderly and do not feel they have the time to delay the coach of their dreams-life is too short and I don't know for sure, but I would surmise that most are fairly well off financially as well-at least those that are buying new.
UMXHAULER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar