Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2022, 01:24 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Are you going to cancel your 2022 Newmar order?

In the other thread discussing the 2022 Price increase (aka: Newmar Profit Taking), I stated this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
There is very little an individual can do at this point to get the message to Newmar.

Your choices are pretty simple:

1) Cancel the coach purchase. The cost to do this depends on your contract, but could be significant.

2) Pay the price, and make sure that you get the very best possible coach.

For those going with #2 -- please read this thread:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/202...on-562298.html

My question for this thread is how many people seriously are considering canceling their 2022 order?

There are multiple reasons one might cancel:

1- No longer desire the coach
2- No longer can afford the coach
3- Found another coach sooner
4- Want to send a message to Newmar using the only communication method wall street understands.

I have a strong suspicion that many people want to cancel because of #4, but when it comes down to it, they will not cancel, and instead take delivery.

I think Newmar knows their customer very well, up to and including knowing that they have the market cornered at this point in time.

For me personally, I am price protected and have ordered before the July increase, so I have the best deal available on a 2022. Therefore, I have no reason to cancel based on principal, and the other items do not apply to me either.

I will not be canceling my order.

What has changed for me is the decision that I had made for my 2024/2025 purchase. I am going to be spending a considerable amount of time over the next year researching other manufacturers, and other options.

For the first time since 2012, I am no longer certain that my next coach will be a Newmar.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2022, 03:04 PM   #2

We have a 2022 4059 Superstar on order with an April delivery. We placed our order in July and the coach is scheduled to go into production in the next few weeks. We have sold our current rig and are looking forward to picking up our Superstar.
Fishrsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 03:21 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishrsafe View Post
We have a 2022 4059 Superstar on order with an April delivery. We placed our order in July and the coach is scheduled to go into production in the next few weeks. We have sold our current rig and are looking forward to picking up our Superstar.

Do you know your run #? Next week run 26 is going. Production runs up to 30 are price protected, and with your order being in July, it sounds like you are in the same situation I am in.
Old 01-10-2022, 03:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Do you know your run #? Next week run 26 is going. Production runs up to 30 are price protected, and with your order being in July, it sounds like you are in the same situation I am in.
I will need to check on the Run number to verify. We secured the dealer March delivery slot when we placed our order. The April delivery is our time line when we leave Florida to head to Arizona for pick up at Sport Trucks.
Fishrsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 02:48 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Price Protected: Not canceling

Received word yesterday my KS was built pending one item, the main awning. Seen a couple posts from others with coach built, waiting for the same awning. NEWMAR gave us all the same finish date pending a 1/18 arrival of awnings to NEWMAR to complete other coaches.

Only real complaint is with getting information from NEWMAR, I was actually told by NEWMAR to stop communicating with them directly. When I asked them to correct a wrong VIN connected to a coach number they did, then assured me my coach would not show up in comnet until ‘delivered’. Maybe it is just the luxury lines that get the pampering.

RedBaron73: Thanks for providing info during the build. Made it more bearable.
Regards
FloridaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:35 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaSon View Post
Only real complaint is with getting information from NEWMAR, I was actually told by NEWMAR to stop communicating with them directly. When I asked them to correct a wrong VIN connected to a coach number they did, then assured me my coach would not show up in comnet until ‘delivered’. Maybe it is just the luxury lines that get the pampering.
FloridaSon ... I know what you mean about getting information from NEWMAR. I did get what appeared to be some canned answers like the following, but no definite answers. I was later able to get some definite dates from my dealer ... I am in run #26, production has started and the off-line date it 2/14. But the best news was that I am price protected. Now just hoping for some production pictures which my dealer has requested.

"Your coach will be getting pulled for production soon! Which means that, although the chassis won’t be rolling down the production line, there are a lot of things happening to that end. The folks in Interior Prep will be making the valences and lambrequins, the cabinet shop will working their magic, the sidewalls will be fabricated, the interior walls will be constructed… lots of things going on for your new home!"

"It look like it is still on target! As we get closer, you’ll want to contact your dealer for more accurate dates, but we are making good progress!"
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 02:25 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree, looking good.

Thanks FlSteve
FloridaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 05:47 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
In the other thread discussing the 2022 Price increase (aka: Newmar Profit Taking), I stated this:

My question for this thread is how many people seriously are considering canceling their 2022 order?

There are multiple reasons one might cancel:

1- No longer desire the coach
2- No longer can afford the coach
3- Found another coach sooner
4- Want to send a message to Newmar using the only communication method wall street understands.

I have a strong suspicion that many people want to cancel because of #4, but when it comes down to it, they will not cancel, and instead take delivery.

I think Newmar knows their customer very well, up to and including knowing that they have the market cornered at this point in time.

For me personally, I am price protected and have ordered before the July increase, so I have the best deal available on a 2022. Therefore, I have no reason to cancel based on principal, and the other items do not apply to me either.

I will not be canceling my order.

What has changed for me is the decision that I had made for my 2024/2025 purchase. I am going to be spending a considerable amount of time over the next year researching other manufacturers, and other options.

For the first time since 2012, I am no longer certain that my next coach will be a Newmar.
My coach came plagued with quality issues. I went with Newmar becauae of the Quality and Name but i have been very disapointed. So disapointed that ive thought about getting rid of it. 2022 3927. They wont stand behind their product.
Hickmandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 05:51 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickmandr View Post
My coach came plagued with quality issues. I went with Newmar becauae of the Quality and Name but i have been very disapointed. So disapointed that ive thought about getting rid of it. 2022 3927. They wont stand behind their product.
This seems to be an anomaly to me... we had a pretty good list of Quality issues that Newmar and our Dealer (Transwest) worked diligently to correct. And we are more than happy.. trust me that we have seen a lot of other manufacturers with ALOT more quality issues out of the gate, so its hard to really understand what you are dealing with from your posts.. Have you contacted Newmar directly or just working with General RV??
HAM - K5OJT - Yaesu 991A
GUS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:40 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

Hickmandr
... can you give some examples of the main ones? Just curious.

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:06 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I find this hard to believe…is your dealer pointing their finger at Newmar? Our 22 DS Newmar CSR has been fantastic….something is amiss
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:15 AM   #12

Quote:
Unfortunately this is becoming the norm with Newmar :(
Mr Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:24 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ted View Post
Unfortunately this is becoming the norm with Newmar :(
I don't see a basis for this. There are some quality control issues, but Newmar is fixing those when informed.

I have not seen any evidence that customer service is deteriorating.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:09 AM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson View Post
I find this hard to believe…is your dealer pointing their finger at Newmar? Our 22 DS Newmar CSR has been fantastic….something is amiss
Well I have emails after emails but since I started posting the have called me to take care of the issues. I have been waiting since October.
Hickmandr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar