Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2020, 03:23 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Tom, I've used 303 all over the rear of my 2015 DS which sets in our back yard with rear facing south, toward the sun. It's easy to spray on but takes a lot of elbow grease to get it wiped off so as not to streak, especially on the black finish.
Do you have any particular way of doing it to be able to do a 45' coach in 2 hrs?

Which 303 are you referring to - regular 303 or the car detailer spray, spray wax, paint sealant?
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2020, 08:40 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Ok I’m late to this party but just discovered the clear coat issue on the roof of my new to me Ventana (came from Arizona) so...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
We have an appointment at the factory in June to have our roof edges clear coated. Fixed price of $1500.
PM sent for contact info with Newmar. I’m hoping to do this too

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-1701A View Post
I can confirm this. When the 1 yr old sofa's and captain's chairs starting coming apart and the foam collapsed on our new 2010 Bay Star (with only part time use), it was confirmed that the materials used were specified by Newmar. Fortunately, Flexsteel took care of my issue by redoing all of it and using upgraded foam and all new covering with higher grade materials and I never had an issue again for the remaining seven years we had the Baystar.
Interesting because I had a 2010 Bay Star that didn’t live a particularly easy life (came from Texas) and it had neither issue, or any others really

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Tom, I've used 303 all over the rear of my 2015 DS which sets in our back yard with rear facing south, toward the sun. It's easy to spray on but takes a lot of elbow grease to get it wiped off so as not to streak, especially on the black finish.
Do you have any particular way of doing it to be able to do a 45' coach in 2 hrs?
X2 on method(s) request. I see this as a common part of my maintenance routine in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Which 303 are you referring to - regular 303 or the car detailer spray, spray wax, paint sealant?
X2 on specific product name (number) request

Thanks to all here - Cheers!
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 10:04 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Be interested in the answer,also... right now using McGuires Detailern paint......C
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 10:57 AM   #18

You don't need a wax, you need something that has strong UV inhibitors. I use NuFinish as that doesn't need applying as often as 303.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 11:43 AM   #19

The furniture peeling it’s from cutting cost, everything adds up, at least they don’t cut in the important areas, your coach it’s 7 years old? Just have the seats reupholstered with Ultra leather at $800 each you didn’t think they last forever do you? Nobody make those anymore, as for your roof not much survive the Florida heat, use a uv protectant every couple of months will make last longer, I own my home going on ten years, I have spent 1/10 in Maintenace on the house as I have spent in the coach this darn RV’s are not cheap.

Zzotte
Old 09-06-2020, 02:14 PM   #20

303 Application Method

I’ve been seeing 303 recommendations here for years but have not had much luck applying it. I get streaks and smears that require a lot of elbow grease to remove. Obviously I’m applying it incorrectly.
How is 303 applied correctly?
Calpop45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:28 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calpop45 View Post
I’ve been seeing 303 recommendations here for years but have not had much luck applying it. I get streaks and smears that require a lot of elbow grease to remove. Obviously I’m applying it incorrectly.
How is 303 applied correctly?
I most it over the roof and the roof-to-wall radius areas, and just leave it. Everywhere else I wax and buff to a lustrous shine. I just ordered a milwaukee M18 buffer (2738-10) to ease my laborious efforts. I use these 3M products as directed:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5B0F2FB3-DE60-41BA-8F37-E2FC9DC67E59.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	300067  
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 05:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
The furniture peeling it’s from cutting cost, everything adds up, at least they don’t cut in the important areas, your coach it’s 7 years old? Just have the seats reupholstered with Ultra leather at $800 each you didn’t think they last forever do you? Nobody make those anymore, as for your roof not much survive the Florida heat, use a uv protectant every couple of months will make last longer, I own my home going on ten years, I have spent 1/10 in Maintenace on the house as I have spent in the coach this darn RV’s are not cheap.

Zzotte

Nothing lasts forever but his seats should have lasted longer than 7 years. I had a 2004 Dutch Star for 12 years and the seats looked like new when I sold it. An inferior quality of material was used on his coach. When you pay this much for a coach you shouldn’t have to think about replacing seats at 7 years.

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 10:21 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post

Zzotte

The seats in my 15 year old still look great. Captains seats and the recliner are ultra leather (or equivalent) material and are still very soft with no cracking or peeling.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar