Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2002, 04:47 AM   #1

If you came here from Yahoo Groups just to look around and if enough users come here and want to make this their home instead of Yahoo Groups maybe the owner of IRV2 will make an area just for Newmar owners.

Jerry

40' KountryAire 5th that weighs 19K and 1993 Ford F350 dually diesel that weighs 8,500 when ready to pull.

Soon to be a DP!!

[This message was edited by DriVer on September 25, 2002 at 02:46 PM.]
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2002, 04:47 AM   #2

If you came here from Yahoo Groups just to look around and if enough users come here and want to make this their home instead of Yahoo Groups maybe the owner of IRV2 will make an area just for Newmar owners.

Jerry

40' KountryAire 5th that weighs 19K and 1993 Ford F350 dually diesel that weighs 8,500 when ready to pull.

Soon to be a DP!!

[This message was edited by DriVer on September 25, 2002 at 02:46 PM.]
Old 09-25-2002, 04:53 AM   #3

For all of you who were suffering from Yahoo Groups auto responder and received as many as 50 responses it won't happen here.

Please register on the opening screen and post your messages here.

Multiple topics and answers can be posted here.

I was registered on Newmarowners group as pjweygandt and have used IRV2 for over 2 years without these kinds of problems.

This is faster than Yahoo Groups and doesn't clutter up email.

Jerry

Soon to be a DP!!
Old 09-25-2002, 11:34 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I sure hope we can get you folks signed up. If you folks want a dedicated space we'll see what we can do.

01 Winnebago/Workhorse Model 37G/W20 Adventurer
02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Nor'Easters
"We Will Never Forget"
8 8
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 01:19 PM   #5

We brought the Winnebago Coach Forum over from Yahoo! groups, what a nice change!

Ghost
'02 Adventurer 32V Ford
Various Toads
Connecticut Woods
FMCA 300790, Good Sam, PCA-CVR
Old 09-27-2002, 08:05 AM   #6

Jerry,
There are two Newmar Yahoo groups; NewmarOwners and NewmarGas. I know that both groups have been made aware of IRV2.com, but I have seen no discussion about moving either group from yahoo.

Wade & Michelle
2003 Mountain Aire 3778 Class A

2009 Phaeton 40QTH
Wade & Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 10:04 AM   #7

Hi everyone,

I frequent several groups on yahoo. Three or more are Newmar owners. I was one of those that was receiving multiple responses and couldn't get them stopped for several days. As I said before "The users on the groups are the best part".

Yahoo has been less than helpful to take care of that problem. I tryed to quit the groups and yahoo doesn't make that easy. I have no connection with IRV2 except having been a member just after it started over 2 years ago.

Again anyone wanting to come here is voluntary. I am almost certain that the administrator would set up an area just for Newmar owners if any of you would want it. I have learnd a lot from those members but I for one can't put up with Yahoo when there are other choices like This one at IRV2.

By the way I have owned a Newmar product for 13 years.

Jerry

Soon to be a DP!!
Old 10-25-2002, 06:44 AM   #8

This sounds good. I am tired of all the stupid popups and other goofy anomoles on Yahoo!

Count me in.

Jack Hoagland
rav4jak@msn.com
Jack H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 01:18 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
After 5 years I won't even use their home page any longer. Have visited here at least weekly and would very much like to a Newmar section
ParTheCourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 10:26 AM   #10

For the last several weeks everytime that we go to the Yahoo Newmar Owners board our computer will completely "shut-down" after about 10 minutes. This is the only place that we have this problem.

Also, I like the format of this board much better---a lot easier to follow a thread.

Dave and Mary Paschall

We are dapmfp on the Newmar Board also.

Dave and Mary
2001 38' Newmar Dutch Star Diesel Pusher
2001 Jeep Wrangler

2001 38' Newmar Dutch Star DP
dapmfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 01:04 PM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
Never much liked Yahoo so I wasn't a member of any of their groups. Have been a member of iRV2 since the first month it went on line. Great place and I'm also a Newmar owner. In fact we are on the first lengthy trip since we got it.

Hope to see more come over and make us your home. As a Newmar owner it would be an added benefit.

John
Moderator (& Newmar owner)

--------------------------

<font color=blue>2002 Kountry Star 30RKCL</font> by Newmar
<font color=blue>2002 GMC 3500</font> Duramax/Allison
<font color=blue>2000 FLHTCU/I</font> by Harley-Davidson

Dale Jarrett 88 Greg Biffle 60
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 02:17 PM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

Location: FULLTIMERS - currently wintering in Rochester, NY - Goin\' places, Makin\' friends, Havin\' fun!
We are absolutely delighted you're here! What a great product the Newmar company makes.

We would be honored if you would invite other Newmar forum members to check us out and see what a super place iRV2 is.

Dave George

PS: John, did you have anything to do with this?

<LI> Register Here for National * Order iRV2 Stickers Here
<LI>1998 40' TRAVEL SUPREME Triple Slide Homepage <LI>1999.5 FORD F-450 PSD w/Fontaine Bed Photo Albums
<LI>NASCAR FANS - GO Jarrett #88 & B Labonte #18
[b]NASCAR FANS - Carl Edwards #99 & Ryan Newman #12![/col
RVrs R US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 04:55 PM   #13

I too use to frequent the yahoo site but tired of that bs in short order. You'll love this site and as you can see you have your own spot already!!! Also a Newmar owner see sig. The Grain Man

Grain Man
2002 F450CC, PSD, Auto, Lariet,Western Hauler Bed, Banks fitted, 3 guage pillar mount, MAG-HYTEC trans pan and rear diff, added trans cooler, 38' KSWB Mountain Aire with dual wheel tandems & custom interior.
2002 F450CC, PSD, Auto, Lariet,Western Hauler Bed, Banks fitted, 3 guage pillar mount, MAG-HYTEC trans pan and rear diff, added trans cooler, 38' KSWB Mountain Aire with dual wheel tandems & custom interior.
Grain Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 07:41 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As Ghost stated the Winnebago group bolted back in August. If you look at the number of post you will see it has been a great success. I hope your group will experence the same.

This site has such great info in post and links actually would take "YEARS" to read all the info.

Again I hope your group succeeds.

Bob, Vicki and the Boyz, Two Cats, Two Dogs, One Bird and one over loaded Winnebago

Winnobego is offline   Reply With Quote