Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2019, 06:33 PM   #1

Atwood Auto Leveling System repair

I have a 2007 Newmar Baystar 3202. The Atwood Auto leveling system will not extend any of the 4 leveling jacks. All the lights seem to work and I get no noticeable blinking. When I try the retract button they seem to want to engage but they are already up. I don't know anything about this system and could use some suggestions before I buy a $600 control panel that may or may not be the problem
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2019, 08:49 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to bolhuijo
As far as I know, the Atwood Levelegs system is no longer supported. Parts on ebay are rare & expensive. It's not hard to find the Levelegs troubleshooting instructions with a little googling though. Going through the troubleshooting bought me some time but my controller finally failed for good. I ended up building my own manual control setup since the jacks are still good.
bolhuijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:53 PM   #3

Hello "D" - There is a wealth of information on this site for Atwood jacks, including how to troubleshoot the system, rebuilding the jacks, and resetting the panel. You will need both electrical and mechanical experience/background to find the root cause of your problem. The worse thing you should do is to "shotgun a part" (i.e. just replace it) thinking it will fix it. Good money after the bad. Finally if you do determine the problem, I believe you can find a shop to repair the control board. Most of the time it is the cheap NEC relays that go bad. Finally, some people just jettson this system and relace ir with a HWH hydraullic or Big Foot electric system . Not easy and a real PIA, not to mention the cost and time involved.
Regards
Dutch Master
Dutch Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 04:34 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D in Davie View Post
I have a 2007 Newmar Baystar 3202. The Atwood Auto leveling system will not extend any of the 4 leveling jacks. All the lights seem to work and I get no noticeable blinking. When I try the retract button they seem to want to engage but they are already up. I don't know anything about this system and could use some suggestions before I buy a $600 control panel that may or may not be the problem
Using this link will get you started on your problem plus the links below in my signature will lead you to answers also. The Newmar search engine will find answers also.
A big part of their problems was poor grounds for operation because of corrosion from rust of bolts and poor grounds wiring plugs.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:10 PM   #5

Thanks everyone for your help. I did try to search this forum but did not get any results.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:23 PM   #6

Hello Again "D" - You can simply use Google and search using "Attwood Jacks problems." Many of the links are IRV2 type. Good Luck
Dutch Master
Dutch Master is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, atwood, leveling, repair