Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2019, 04:34 PM   #1

Atwood levelers

I deployed the jacks and they all went down but driver front has a red and yellow flashing lights. Anyone have an idea on how to fix it?
eddiehop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2019, 10:42 PM   #2

On our RV we unplug the controller and then reconnect to reset it. Controller in first (front) compartment on drivers side
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:33 AM   #3

Is that the control panel?
eddiehop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:37 PM   #4

Attwood jacks electrical connectors

Click image for larger version

Name:	image002 copy.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	356.7 KB
ID:	247427.
I'm hoping the photo attached of the contents in our first compartment on the driver's side. In the upper right corner there are two block connectors. red arrow is pointing to them.

On our coach:

Front is yellow-purple (r/f) yellow-green (l/f) black

rear is yellow-blue (r/r) yellow-red (l/r) black

Sometimes unplugging and reconnecting is enough to reset.

Or to raise an individual jack, use jumper wires to connect the yellow wire to ground and other colored wire in the set to 12 volts. [note red and black location for 12v on left wall of compartment]

to lower individual jack, use jumper wire to connect the yellow wire to 12 volts and the other colored wire to ground.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:43 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to bolhuijo
For those uncomfortable identifying the correct wires, the jacks have 1/2-inch hex nuts on the end of the motor. You can attach a 1/2-inch socket to a drill and get that jack raised up in a pinch.
bolhuijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:40 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
There is a reset procedure I found on the internet. It requires pushing buttons on the control panel in a certain order. Works great. I printed it and keep the copy in the motor home. Motor home not here now or I would try to describe it. I found that I have less problems lowering or raising jacks if I set the fast idle on. It doesn't eliminate the problem with operation but sure helps and reduces the “bad” events. I also carry an electric drill and set of sockets in the event I have to manually raise them with the nut on the bottom of the jack.
imgoin4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:14 PM   #7

Reset Procedure from Sue Noyes (R.I.P.)

LEVELEG TROUBLESHOOT SEQUENCE

**If the coach is in the error mode, start at step #7.
**Make sure the nut on the bottom of the suspect
Jack turns before starting procedure.

1. Disconnect power to one jack by unplugging jack quick connect at the jack motor.

2. Turn on power at keypad

3. Hit RET and ALL at the same time to send the system into error mode.

4. The buzzer will sound and lights will blink on the keypad red and green

5. Turn keypad off by pressing the ON button

6. Reconnect power to the disconnected jack

7. Turn keypad on by pressing the ON button

8. Hold down the EXT button and the DRIVER and REAR buttons together for 10 seconds to drive down the driver rear jack.

9. Hold down the EXT button and the PASS and REAR buttons together for 10 seconds to drive down the passenger rear jack

10. Hold down the EXT button and the DRIVER and FRONT buttons together for 10 seconds to drive down the Driver Front jack

11. Hold down the EXT button and the PASS and FRONT buttons together for 10 seconds to drive down the passenger front jack.

12. Visually inspect to see that all the jacks have moved and went down a few inches, then push ALL, FRONT,DRIVER,PASS AND REAR buttons together for 5 seconds to reset the timer.

13. Press and release the RET and ALL buttons together to bring jacks up.

14. All jacks will come up to full retraction and stop after a few clutches of the motor.

Sue was a very helpful customer service rep. She gave us the above procedure in 2012.

I only recently found that having the fast idle (using the cruise control) does help. We also carry the drill, but the jumpers have worked and have never used the drill.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:50 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to bolhuijo
Those reset instructions are handy to have. They worked for me... Until one day they didn't. I ended up removing the (no longer available) control unit and substituting my own full-manual design.
bolhuijo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atwood, levelers