Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2016, 05:18 AM   #1

Audio/Video Factory Setup in 2017 DS4369.

For all of you audio/video geeks!

I am about to order a 2017 DS4369 and I need to know the answers to the following questions:

1. Is there an HDMI cable that is plugged in to the televator TV that runs back to the electronics cabinet up front? I was in a unit a while back and I don't remember seeing this.

2. Is there a coax run from the electronics cabinet upfront to the bedroom electronics cabinet for connection to a bedroom satellite receiver?

3. Is there an HDMI cable plugged into the bedroom TV that runs down to the bedroom electronics cupboard for connection to a satellite receiver?

Thanks!
specmga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2016, 07:52 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by specmga1 View Post
For all of you audio/video geeks!

I am about to order a 2017 DS4369 and I need to know the answers to the following questions:

1. Is there an HDMI cable that is plugged in to the televator TV that runs back to the electronics cabinet up front? I was in a unit a while back and I don't remember seeing this.

2. Is there a coax run from the electronics cabinet upfront to the bedroom electronics cabinet for connection to a bedroom satellite receiver?

3. Is there an HDMI cable plugged into the bedroom TV that runs down to the bedroom electronics cupboard for connection to a satellite receiver?

Thanks!
We don't have a 4369 but I assume our setup should be the same (we have a 2017 Dutch Star 4310).

1) I would think there is but I could double check once home tonight

2) We ordered ours with a Trav'ler for Dish network, and yes ours has coax connection in the bedroom for a 2nd satellite receiver to get it's own connection (watch different channels then front of coach). We also had special to run HDMI for outside tv to bedroom satellite receiver. For times we want to watch something outside and our kids are inside we can then watch different shows without having to send them to the bedroom. Otherwise the outside tv is wired to front satellite receiver.

3) Yes there is in ours. We have separate satellite receiver and DVD player in back so there are actually 2 HDMI in back tv.

Hope this helps!
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 08:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudelt View Post
We don't have a 4369 but I assume our setup should be the same (we have a 2017 Dutch Star 4310).

1) I would think there is but I could double check once home tonight

2) We ordered ours with a Trav'ler for Dish network, and yes ours has coax connection in the bedroom for a 2nd satellite receiver to get it's own connection (watch different channels then front of coach). We also had special to run HDMI for outside tv to bedroom satellite receiver. For times we want to watch something outside and our kids are inside we can then watch different shows without having to send them to the bedroom. Otherwise the outside tv is wired to front satellite receiver.

3) Yes there is in ours. We have separate satellite receiver and DVD player in back so there are actually 2 HDMI in back tv.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for your help.

If you don't mind checking for me regarding my 1st question, I would greatly appreciate it. I would also like to know the model number of the televator TV if you know?

Regarding my 2nd question, so there is a separate coax run for a satellite receiver coming to the bedroom from the front independent of the coax bringing the OTA channels to the bedroom?

Thanks!
specmga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 07:26 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by specmga1 View Post
Thanks for your help.

If you don't mind checking for me regarding my 1st question, I would greatly appreciate it. I would also like to know the model number of the televator TV if you know?

Regarding my 2nd question, so there is a separate coax run for a satellite receiver coming to the bedroom from the front independent of the coax bringing the OTA channels to the bedroom?

Thanks!
Looked tonight..
-Televator TV is Sony 48W650
-Yes with Trav'ler dish installed at factory it comes with separate coax for bedroom satellite receiver (we have 2 Dish Wally satellite receivers)
-It's hard to see behind televator TV but it looks like there's got to be an HDMI cable going to televator. It's either going to front AV cabinet or a splitter (which I believe is also in front AV cabinet)

Hope this helps!
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio