Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2022, 08:46 AM   #1

Auto fill shut off problem

Guys

We have a 2022 Dutch star 4369. Having trouble with autofill not shutting off when tank gets to 95 or100 percent.

It seems to work initially, but then maybe an hour later, water is flowing out the overflow valve in front of the passenger side rear tires. The only way to stop it is to shut off city water.

Any ideas? Hoping I am just doing an error with the control panel page or something like that.

Thanks in advance for your help
shoesdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2022, 11:08 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Auto fill shut off problem

Make sure the Aqua Miser valve in the shower is turned to the correct position. If it is left in the recirculating position while you are connected to city water, it will cause the fresh water tank to over fill by continuously adding water to the tank via the shower valve.
tqqest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 11:24 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
My friend thought that as long as the Aqua Miser light was off, the recirculating valve was also off. That is incorrect, anytime the valve in the shower stall is set to the recirculating position, hot water will flow back to the fresh water tank.

Another person on here couldnít figure out why every faucet in their motorhome only had hot water. They had heated their entire fresh water tank by leaving that valve on!
tqqest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 12:59 PM   #4

For very little money, Newmar could have used an electric valve with a thermal cut off for the Aqua Miser that would automatically close the valve once the water temp reaches the set point. Probably cost less than $50 on a half million dollar coach.
Titusville, FL when not on the road
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 02:49 PM   #5

Awesome guys....thank you thank you thank you
Old 06-27-2022, 02:57 PM   #6
Official iRV2 Sponsor

They are correct about needing to check the aquamiser in the shower. If that correct, you may need to calibrate the full level of the tank. But itís normally the aquamiser. Set it. And forget it. Lol
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:30 PM   #7

That's it guys...problem solved...no more overflow...

Amazing that my service guy did not tell me of this when I brought it in for checking. They just said it worked as advertised. Love theses forums to learn what the reality is versus the Newmar manual, although thick and not the worse manusl i have ever seen, does not seem to cover the real issues that percolate to the service when actually out camping. THANKS AGAIN ALL....
Old 06-28-2022, 08:47 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
In reading through string of posts this I am really confused on our 2022 4369 Dutch Star. I see multiple references to using city water pressure from both the OP and one responder. I do not have city water pressure as an option. The valve only has two positions to fill the tank (manual or auto fill). I always know when the water miser is on because I can hear the pump running.

For others with a 2022 DS 4369 - do you have the third option with the valve in the wet bay for city water pressure? My owners manual references both valves. I always wondered why I did not get a city water pressure valve option installed. Just assumed it was an option on other models.
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 09:06 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVStitchy View Post
In reading through string of posts this I am really confused on our 2022 4369 Dutch Star. I see multiple references to using city water pressure from both the OP and one responder. I do not have city water pressure as an option. The valve only has two positions to fill the tank (manual or auto fill). I always know when the water miser is on because I can hear the pump running.

For others with a 2022 DS 4369 - do you have the third option with the valve in the wet bay for city water pressure? My owners manual references both valves. I always wondered why I did not get a city water pressure valve option installed. Just assumed it was an option on other models.
My Ď21 is the same as yours. Hook your hose to the water source and you have city water.

There are two ways to use city water: 1) Turn your water pump off, or 2) the city water pressure is 60 psi or greater.

If the psi is 60 or above, it will override the water pump and you will be getting water directly from the source. It will also prevent your autofill function from filling your water tank.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:40 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Never knew that. I always hook up the hose, turn on the pump and turn on the auto-fill. Never tried the system with the pump off. I look forward to trying that on our next trip in July.
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 07:14 AM   #11

Iím a bit confused as I have an older, new to us, 2006 Ventana 3330. We have been trying to fill our fresh water tank but never get past a 1/4 tank before we overflow. Aqumiser wasnít around when our coach was built. When we use city water with the pump off everything is fine. When we fill our tank we have the pump on but overflow after 1/4 full. Any ideas?

🇺🇸 Happy Independence Day! 🇺🇸

Tags
problem