Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2006, 05:19 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
I understand that the auto gen start works on low voltage and you can set the parameters for voltage level, duration, quiet hours etc.

It also will start when there is a need for A/C while dry camping or running down the road. I tested this this morning. It works great on start up. However, the generator doesn't shut off after A/C shuts down.

Can I conclude that the duration setting, 2 hours in my case, is also in effect for a gen start due to A/C?

I presumed the generator would go on and off as needed for cooling. Maybe this is too hard on the generator.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2006, 05:19 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I understand that the auto gen start works on low voltage and you can set the parameters for voltage level, duration, quiet hours etc.

It also will start when there is a need for A/C while dry camping or running down the road. I tested this this morning. It works great on start up. However, the generator doesn't shut off after A/C shuts down.

Can I conclude that the duration setting, 2 hours in my case, is also in effect for a gen start due to A/C?

I presumed the generator would go on and off as needed for cooling. Maybe this is too hard on the generator.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:58 AM   #3

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can I conclude that the duration setting, 2 hours in my case, is also in effect for a gen start due to A/C? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! Yes. When the auto gen set starts itself, it will run for the time you have it set for. On mine (Magnum 3100 Watt) when the controls are on Autostart and you start the genset manually (when we are at football tailgating) the genset shuts off in the time period it is set for. A real PIA. I have to remember to turn off the Auto feature when wanting to control it manually. Paul
Old 12-21-2006, 06:07 AM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Hey Paul,since the Jets are 3-4 at home, you guys don't stay for a lot of the game anyway do you?

(Yes,I know they're 5-2 away and having a good year...)
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:51 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you guys don't stay for a lot of the game anyway do you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Bob! Being a Jets Fan comes with a lot of Pain and Suffering. Yes we stay. My favorite saying is IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TAILGATE And of course the people you invite to it. <span class="ev_code_GREEN">Paul</span>
Old 12-21-2006, 09:28 AM   #6

Jetsmania: Perhaps you can clear up something for me. How can you tailgate without a tailgate? Us country boys understand tailgates and I don't think you have one.

Maybe it's on the toad?
Old 12-21-2006, 10:00 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

As a former Redskin season ticket holder,I am amazed at the "tailgating" that is done and hardly ANY of them had tailgates!

Some of the most elaborate meals I've ever seen prepared were by tailgaters...
Old 12-21-2006, 10:49 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
HiJack!!! HiJack!!! Rebel is at it again.

BTW, used to tailgate w/about 100 regulars at Michigan State. Organized like a formal event. Themed meals each weekend, assigned tasks etc.

Being from Michigan where we don't have a professional football team, I am excited to be in New York. Of course being in the Buffalo area I have to root for the Bills (or at least look like I am). But, my understanding is that you can't be a Jets fan and Giants fan at the same time.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:18 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How can you tailgate without a tailgate? Us country boys understand tailgates and I don't think you have one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! Sounds like we should organize one at the rally. Then you can see my Tail Gate up close.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:24 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Being from Michigan where we don't have a professional football team, I am excited to be in New York. Of course being in the Buffalo area I have to root for the Bills (or at least look like I am). But, my understanding is that you can't be a Jets fan and Giants fan at the same time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! It is very funny that people from Michigan don't feel the Detroit Lions are a Pro Team. I happen to like the Bills except when they play us. As far as the Giants I am not a very big Baseball fan. I will turn all of you guys into Jets Fans Yet. Sorry We are supposed to be talking about Auto Gen Set. I just got carried away thinking we have a chance (until we get to Miami on Mon. night) to make the playoffs. Paul
Old 12-21-2006, 03:07 PM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by javajelly:
HiJack!!! HiJack!!! Rebel is at it again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry....