Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #1

Unhappy Backup lights not working

I have a 2002 Dutch Star and need to get it inspected today. Well, I find the backup lights are not coming on when I put it in reverse. I looked at all the fuses that I could find. I couldn't find one specifically marked "reverse lights", but all that I could find were ok. I looked under front where generator is and in rear bedroom in cabinet where other fuses are. Is there a separate fuse for the backup lights?
The bulbs are all good. I looked under the rig and the wires are all attached to the tranny that I can determine.

Anyone have an idea?
920codyroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #2

My 2003 Dutch star has a fuse panel on the dash above the steering wheel. Ck the under side of that lid there is a fuse marked backup mon F6. Could be the fuse your looking for.
Willie Makit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #3

I looked under the dash and couldn't find any fuse block.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I had to remove the lens covers and clean the contact surfaces of all of the lights on mine.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #5

Well, just found out backup lights are not required for state inspection. So, not going to worry about it. How often do I need to backup anyway.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #6

I also have an 02 DSDP, as previously stated fuse position F6 under the removable pannel on top of the dash is where you will find it. If you have never been into that area, the pannel is held in place by 4 spots of velcro, (one at each corner). You can carefully pry up the pannel with a table-knife or flat blade screwdriver for access.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #7

I found that panel you mentioned. I never knew there were fuses there! But, all fuses are good.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
In my 2000 DSDP the fuse for the reverse lights is in a fuse/relay box located in the compartment that is just forward of the battery compartment on the pass. side. That fuse covers the reverse lights and the reverse alarm circuits.

Greg
gregd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #9

Do you have dock lites? They are better than backup lites. Thinking back, the only time I ever back mine up is backing up the drive way or scooting in the RV site. I found nothing good comes out of backing up where you need lites to see.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights