RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Basement TV

Installed 32" LED TV in the pegboard compartment on our 2014 Ventana LE 3634 today. Easy one-man job. Removed the pegboard which opened everything up. The first thing I did was to disconnect the RG6 cable and two HDMI cables on the right wall. I used two HDMI couplers and added 4' of HDMI cables to give me some extra length (same thing with the RG6 cable). I then used a drill to punch a hole into the next compartment to access the electrical outlet for power to the TV. I snaked the power cord thru that hole. Next I took 5/8" particle board cut to same size of the pegboard. I punched a 1 5/8" hole into the particle board to bring the two HDMI cables, RG6 cable, and power cord thru. Next I installed the articulating TV mount on to the particle board using three bolts and locking nuts. I had to disconnect the lower mount on the right strut to get the pegboard back into the compartment. I pulled the wires thru the hole and reinstalled the particle board using the same angle iron. I painted the particle board flat black to clean it up and then mounted the TV. T all seems very sturdy but I'm still thinking about adding some foam to the compartment door to apply some pressure against the TV while all closed up and driving down the road. I will probably also paint the inside of the compartment door from the standard white to flat black to reduce any glare.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1411869343415.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	75171   Click image for larger version

Name:	1411869360533.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	75172  

jimfh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2014, 10:36 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Looks great nice job!

Old 09-28-2014, 05:25 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfh2o View Post
Installed 32" LED TV in the pegboard compartment on our 2014 Ventana LE 3634 today. Easy one-man job. Removed the pegboard which opened everything up. The first thing I did was to disconnect the RG6 cable and two HDMI cables on the right wall. I used two HDMI couplers and added 4' of HDMI cables to give me some extra length (same thing with the RG6 cable). I then used a drill to punch a hole into the next compartment to access the electrical outlet for power to the TV. I snaked the power cord thru that hole. Next I took 5/8" particle board cut to same size of the pegboard. I punched a 1 5/8" hole into the particle board to bring the two HDMI cables, RG6 cable, and power cord thru. Next I installed the articulating TV mount on to the particle board using three bolts and locking nuts. I had to disconnect the lower mount on the right strut to get the pegboard back into the compartment. I pulled the wires thru the hole and reinstalled the particle board using the same angle iron. I painted the particle board flat black to clean it up and then mounted the TV. T all seems very sturdy but I'm still thinking about adding some foam to the compartment door to apply some pressure against the TV while all closed up and driving down the road. I will probably also paint the inside of the compartment door from the standard white to flat black to reduce any glare.
Nice install and i am sure quite a bit less than factory install.
2011 Dutch Star #4344 - 2014 Buick Enclave W/Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar and base-plate
SMI Air Force One brake
Terry43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:34 AM   #4

You might consider if the foam rubbing the tv screen might abrade it ?

Joe 1998 Itasca Sunflyer Ford 460
Annierufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:39 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
That does look nice. I have a portable setup on my current coach. I use a fleece type throw to protect the screen.

Was there already TV cables in the exterior compartment if the exterior TV option was not taken?
reubenray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #6

Nice job. I have now replaced both the bedroom and front TV's w/ flat screens. They were easy to install with all the help from previous forum blogs posted! I am now changing out my obsolete KVH sat dish w/ a Winegard Traveler.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:10 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Yes there are hookups in the next forward compartment accessible from the pegboard compartment once the pegboard is removed.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:15 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
The reason I asked is being I have a spare 32" & 40" TV's at the house. I am using the 32" now on our month long trip. But we only watch it a hour or so a day if that much. The cost for this option is over $2,000, It would also depend on if the Canyon Star model is setup like what you have. I am assuming you do not have the exterior TV option, but you do have the HDTV wiring option.
reubenray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Very nice job and explanation.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:05 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Yes the coach had the upgraded HDMI cables. Altogether with the 32" smart tv, mount, cables, adapters, wood, and paint, it cost me less than $450.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Repost
Old 11-15-2014, 07:41 PM   #12

nice job, I am going to put a 32 in basement. Think I will use a power strip so I can kill power when not in use. I will post pics when done

rickdw is offline   Reply With Quote