Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2019, 03:16 PM   #1

Battery Box Bearings Updated 2019

Like many Newmar and other motorhome owners, sooner or later we are faced with rehabbing the battery box. I just did mine on my 2008 Kountry Star. The tray has a total o 8 roller bearings - 2 for the upper and 6 in the lower (3 each side). Of the 8 roller bearings, 3 were completely shot and no longer usable. I looked at several post to find a part number and a place where I could purchase them. Most of the posts I saw with part numbers I looked at did not match mine and the distributors listed linked to their catalog and not a specific part. After a couple of hours of research, VOLIA - I found the PERFECT match and a distributor that had several store locations or could order from their web site - MOTION INDUSTRIES. This place is the largest bearing distributor in the USA. For those interested the bearing part number is a General Bearing Corporation - 22458-01. Here is the link to it:
https://www.motionindustries.com/pro...p?sku=00105710
I was able to obtain mine through one of their local stores. Had to order put arrived in about 5 days.

Best Regards
Dutch Master
2008 Newmar Kountry Star 3960, ISL 400HP, 2014 Chevy Captiva
Dutch Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2019, 08:48 AM   #2

Cool! Thanks for that.

I would have spent many hours searching in Ace Hardware and Do It Best Hardware for replacements for mine when the time comes, which isn't far off. Of course I really enjoy spending time in hardware stores so maybe I'd do that anyway. Hah!

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:05 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the link! I was looking for the same thing about a month ago. I found a suitable substitute at NAPA, but the cost was off the charts.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 06:00 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Just wanted to say thanks for the link. Just ordered 8 @ $23.18 each with free UPS shipping. Look perfect.

-mick
gday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery