Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2023, 07:20 AM   #1

Battery Compartment Paint

For those of you that have refinished your battery compartment, how much Por-15 paint does it take? I plan on doing the compartment and the tray. A pint or do I need a quart? Thanks.
bluefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2023, 12:28 PM   #2

I did a battery compartment makeover a while back and I just used big box store Rustolium rattle can. Assuming you are going to put new batteries in and they are AGM or lithium I would think any paint would do. However if you are putting flooded batts in yes I would use the POR. Maybe someone will chime in that used POR & let you know how much they used.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/mes...es-559952.html
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 03:02 PM   #3

I bought a Qt and it was more than enough for the house tray & compartment.
I havevsince used it for the chassis batty compartment and still have some left.
It will keep if sealed well. Transfer to a newvsmalker container if necessary.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 06:48 AM   #4

This reply is not directly related to OP but thought I would let you know what I did on my coach. After disassembling the battery slide, I had the components sand blasted and then powder coated. This process is a little pricey but seems to have worked very well. I did this several years ago and was able to use rustoleum on the surrounding area. At the time, I was unaware of POR.
Old 02-01-2023, 04:40 PM   #5

I ended up going with the six pack. Seemed easier that trying to keep the lid from sticking once the can has been opened.
bluefin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, paint