Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2015, 08:23 AM   #1

Bay star 2903 2015 problems

I AM STILL IN LOVE WITH MY BAY STAR, BUT I AM HAVING MY SHARE OF PROBLEMS. First the shade motor goes out, ok no big deal I get a new shade but it takes 5 weeks. Ever driven a BIG WINDOW RV into the sun with no shade? Then the Cargo door melts from the engine exhaust pipe. Newmar scratched there head on this one. Now the water heater comes on and off all day long with no hot water use. Finally the drivers side slide motor towards the front disconnects it self from the shaft going back to the second slide gear. What going on, I just want to enjoy this RV an not have to go to my mechanic every trip. PLEASE NEWMAR MAKE THIS STUFF GO AWAY.
zrobotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2015, 08:45 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Your frustration is understandable. Having said that, I am old enough to get away with saying, "There, there". DH and I don't consider a trip complete without at least one "learning experience" glitch. Some are more nerve wracking than others, like our malfunctioning hood latch yesterday (thanks again to Vacay Wheels for posting the picture that saved our day!). Some are really minor, like the handle coming off the edge of the shower door. The important thing is to not take it personally--the RV universe is not conspiring against you.

We try to find the humor in our "lessons learned". If nothing else, they provide great entertainment for others when we share them at RV gatherings!
Old 09-27-2015, 09:26 AM   #3

Just a question, if your not using any hot water, why have the heaters on? Turn on the heater 40 minutes before a shower or dishes. The thermostat needs to keep it at a set a temp, when it drops below that, it cycles on to bring the temp back up.

The question is what is the ambient temp? You'll get a lot more cycling when it's 40 than when it's 100.
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:35 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Are you running the water heater on propane or electric? If plugged into shore power, switch it to electric....then you won't even notice, or incur extra cost.

Even the water heater at my sticks and bricks house cycles on and off at about 4 hour intervals to keep the water hot.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:58 AM   #5

I understand your comments, but the hot water heater comes on not to reheat, it is only on for about a minute then shuts of 3 minutes later it does it again. Not right
zrobotman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problems