Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2023, 02:48 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bay Star 3014 Jack "Null" Procedure to Reset Jacks to Level

My 2023 has this procedure to get the jacks reset to level so that they auto level properly. My friend has a 2022 Bay Star and his owners manual doesn't have this procedure. Did they forget to include it in the 2022 manual or are the systems truly different from 2022 to 2023?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2023, 10:02 AM   #2

From the manual

Setting the Null:
Null is the term used to indicate the levelness of the coach. A null setting was done at the factory so that the system will try to level, however most likely it will need to be set after the installation of the control panel as the leveling sensor is in the panel. With the coach sitting somewhat level on the shop floor and with the panel power off, depress and hold the Auto-Level button and then press and release the power button Do not release the Auto-Level button and listen for a series of beeps. After the keypad has beeped 5 to 6 times, release the Auto-Level button (the keypad will continue to beep as long as the Auto-Level button is held). The new null has been set and the panel will maintain this setting. This process may need to be completed later following an Auto-Level process if the coach is not level

FYI - I have set the null several times but the auto level never gets back to real level, close but still always an inch or more low in the front. I wind up tweeking the jacks manually to get it to true level.
Rob321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 11:13 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob321 View Post
From the manual

Setting the Null:
Null is the term used to indicate the levelness of the coach. A null setting was done at the factory so that the system will try to level, however most likely it will need to be set after the installation of the control panel as the leveling sensor is in the panel. With the coach sitting somewhat level on the shop floor and with the panel power off, depress and hold the Auto-Level button and then press and release the power button Do not release the Auto-Level button and listen for a series of beeps. After the keypad has beeped 5 to 6 times, release the Auto-Level button (the keypad will continue to beep as long as the Auto-Level button is held). The new null has been set and the panel will maintain this setting. This process may need to be completed later following an Auto-Level process if the coach is not level

FYI - I have set the null several times but the auto level never gets back to real level, close but still always an inch or more low in the front. I wind up tweeking the jacks manually to get it to true level.
I have this in my 2023 manual, but my friend said his 2022 manual doesn't have this procedure...... did you get this from a 2022 manual? If so maybe he has an older manual.
Old 05-30-2023, 11:29 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenapril View Post
My 2023 has this procedure to get the jacks reset to level so that they auto level properly. My friend has a 2022 Bay Star and his owners manual doesn't have this procedure. Did they forget to include it in the 2022 manual or are the systems truly different from 2022 to 2023?

Just passing something that I found when doing the same thing on my Georgetown.

To but it bluntly, the auto level sucks!! It is jerky and doesn't seem to take out a correction from another jack, it just keeps adding to the correction and you end up way in the air.

This was told to me. Once parked, turn your lever on. It should blink and give you an idea as to which side is low. Manually drop the opposite side till the are firm on the ground. Now manually raise the side needed first. I've been told to do fore=aft first then side to side. Which ever, it works great and takes less time and is lower to the ground. At least mine is.

Hope it helps!

DamonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 07:25 AM   #5

Have a look at this YouTube

Rob321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bay star, jacks