Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2018, 01:17 AM   #1

Question Bay Star generator exhaust question.

My gen exhaust is right under my bedroom slideout and the same side that you sit under the awning. Bad place to run the exhaust. Anybody know of a slipon extention that i can temporarily use when camping. I just want to lay on the ground out the back.
I looked at having a muffler shop permanently add an extention, but it looks like a big hasstle.
Maddawg46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2018, 05:44 AM   #2

That seems contrary to what I’d heard about venting gen exhaust under a slide. Newmar went to some trouble to vent mine out in front of the driver front tire. The gen is under the full wall slide.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:56 AM   #3

Take a look at the Genturi. You really want the exhaust to go up and out.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #4

Never really noticed that before but you are correct. The gen exhaust pipe it located right next to the bedroom slide out on the camping side of things on the 3401 too.

Can that seep into the bedroom through the slide and I wonder how noisy it might be in the bedroom?

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:21 PM   #5

As I said in the other thread, our gennie is under our bedroom slide. The exhaust is about a foot offset from the slide so not under it.

As for noise, it's super quiet. We could totally sleep with it on. Never really thought about the exhaust location being under the slide (or near it). Might want to look at a Genturi.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:33 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Bay Star 3532

Our exhaust is right next to the engine exhaust on the driver's side right behind the front slide. Moved my genturi over from old rv and it works great. It does need the extension tube to get it over the roof line. Really don't want exhaust down low or under slides.
claytondl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator