Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2017, 11:42 AM   #1

Bay Star Sport OBD port location?

Have been busy moving into the new MH and haven't really had time to give more that a cursory look for the OBD port below the steering wheel and haven't been able to locate it.

I have a blue tooth dongle that I plug in and then use an old smart phone with the Torque App to monitor the functions of the chassis functions that aren't displayed on the dash.

Last MH it was just under the steering wheel on the column and clearly visible. Can anyone point me to where it might be?

Thanks for the help.
Threesticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Its there to left of steering wheel may have to lift the face of your dash board plastic to see behind it.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:10 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Ours (Ford Chassis) is on the right side of the instrument panel where it starts sticking out for the radio, backup camera, etc. It's about a foot from the steering wheel. Ours is a relatively old Canyon Star so YMMV.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #4

On my 2901...right of the steering column, directly below the left edge of the backup camera housing but way down low, below lower trim...pretty much 6 inches above the gas pedal. Just went in to look and it took me a minute because I was looking too high up.
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:11 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2go View Post
Ours (Ford Chassis) is on the right side of the instrument panel where it starts sticking out for the radio, backup camera, etc. It's about a foot from the steering wheel. Ours is a relatively old Canyon Star so YMMV.
On our 2017 CS - it is under the dash, just right of the steering column - - should be an easy find.

Best of luck.......

g
Old 11-08-2017, 04:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyian View Post
On my 2901...right of the steering column, directly below the left edge of the backup camera housing but way down low, below lower trim...pretty much 6 inches above the gas pedal. Just went in to look and it took me a minute because I was looking too high up.
That’s where it is on mine.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:19 AM   #7

Ford issued this document , about coach builders failing to re-locate the connector from the side of the steering column ( shipping location) to the bottom of the dash to have the connector accessible.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OBD II connector location Ford.pdf (697.4 KB, 56 views)
Old 11-09-2017, 11:15 AM   #8

Thanks for that document Skip426. That must be where mine is located. I'll have to make some time to go out to the MH and stand on my head and take a look.
Looks like I might have to relocate it so that I can plug in the dongle and make it easier for the emissions testing folks to locate and plug in their test cable.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:18 PM   #9

I was just looking for that OBD2 port and can't seem to put my eyes or hands on it. It must be behind the black plastic cover on the lower part of the steering column which is held on with plastic push in fasteners that will shred when removed.

I have to take it back to the dealer to have a few things fixed and will add this to the list of repairs.

Tags
cat