Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2022, 10:44 AM   #1

Baystar 3626 Slide Out Adjustment

Just returned from local camping trip...first time in colder weather. During the night thought we had left a window open as there was a slight draft in the bedroom. Next morning discovered there is a 3/4" gap between the foam stripping on the slide out and the side wall. Gap starts about 1/2 up both sides and I would guess continues along the top. Tried closing slide out, releveling and opening...no change. We had a rainy night and no water came in (whew!) so exterior rubber stripping is working. When closed all exterior gaps look even. Watched several YouTube videos on adjusting slides...nothing looks like the examples in the videos. Did not open up underneath the bed where I suspect adjustment can be made. Coach new as of Sept. 2021 so will be covered under warranty. Anyone else have similar experience? Other than back to dealership anyone have another solution?

The plan is to leave on a 4 - 6 week trip latter part of March. Of course local Newmar doesn't have anything available until 3 weeks after we leave.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2022, 11:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbie View Post
Just returned from local camping trip...first time in colder weather. During the night thought we had left a window open as there was a slight draft in the bedroom. Next morning discovered there is a 3/4" gap between the foam stripping on the slide out and the side wall. Gap starts about 1/2 up both sides and I would guess continues along the top. Tried closing slide out, releveling and opening...no change. We had a rainy night and no water came in (whew!) so exterior rubber stripping is working. When closed all exterior gaps look even. Watched several YouTube videos on adjusting slides...nothing looks like the examples in the videos. Did not open up underneath the bed where I suspect adjustment can be made. Coach new as of Sept. 2021 so will be covered under warranty. Anyone else have similar experience? Other than back to dealership anyone have another solution?

The plan is to leave on a 4 - 6 week trip latter part of March. Of course local Newmar doesn't have anything available until 3 weeks after we leave.
Few suggestions. First and foremost, I would call Newmar, as they can guide you through what to do. 2 things that come to mind, given that these slides push and pull from the bottom: 1) The jam nuts on the slide operating rod control how far in and out the slide moves. You may want to back off the one that controls how far out. Thought is by easing up on the pressure on the bottom of the slide might allow the tope to sit flusher. Can't remember if you access that under the bed or from under the slide/storage compartment, but you want the one that would be pushing against the metal bracket when the slide is out. 2) Not sure on this, but the slide lock arms may need to be adjusted, as these "hold" the upper part of the slide out.

And ALWAYS mark the original position of all hardware you adjust with white out or white nail polish of some sort. That way you can easily go "back to factory" if you need to.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 11:36 AM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Often when someone is still under warranty, people just respond by saying, take it to the dealer. We all know that is much tougher than it sounds. However, in this situation, it's probably the best advice.

On most slides, you can't just turn one bolt and the adjustment is complete. Often many fine adjustments are needed to get the slide corrected. Yours sounds like the top is tilting in and needs to have the angle changed. There are also pressure adjustments, so the motor knows when to stop.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 11:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Often when someone is still under warranty, people just respond by saying, take it to the dealer. We all know that is much tougher than it sounds. However, in this situation, it's probably the best advice.

On most slides, you can't just turn one bolt and the adjustment is complete. Often many fine adjustments are needed to get the slide corrected. Yours sounds like the top is tilting in and needs to have the angle changed. There are also pressure adjustments, so the motor knows when to stop.
That is where I am leaning. My fear is that by trying myself I'll get it stuck and create a larger problem. First stop in March will be in Tucson at the FMCA rally/convention. I'm looking at the mobile service folks that will be there to see if they can take care of it.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 02-24-2022, 10:49 PM   #5

**Update** Spoke to Josh at Newmar Customer Service. We now have an appt with a Newmar Service Center in Tucson after the rally. Talked with the Tucson service manager...he said they have made a couple of similar adjustments to slide outs with the same problem.

Still interested in others who have had the same issue.
Old 09-07-2022, 10:49 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2021 Baystar 3014 Slideout adjustment-full slide

What was the outcome of your visit to Newmar SS in Tucson? Just noticed that the full wall slide on my 3014 was not fully retracting at the front bottom next to driver. Any tipss?
L19drvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out