Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2019, 04:15 PM   #1

Bedroom air circulation and the bathroom fan

Does anyone else run the bathroom fantastic fan 24-7 and keep the bedroom windows open to provide fresh air in the bedroom. If not, what do you do to keep air circulation in the bedroom.
ddowntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2019, 04:24 PM   #2

As we're dry campers - public parks and boondocking - we'd use the Fantastic fan during the night on low and just crack a bedroom window. It draw in nice cool night air. Of course, in the summer we stayed about 6500' elevation so that helps!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:13 AM   #3

Of the three fans we utilize the one in the master bath the most. I installed a cover on it soon after taking delivery so we could keep it on even when it was raining outside.

We use it sometimes at night plus many times while showering.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:19 AM   #4

small 6" inch desk fan next to the TV.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:52 AM   #5

As long as the outside temp is not 10 degrees or 110 the bathroom fantastic fan is always open but usually the fan is off. When showering or windows are open we'll turn on the fan as well. I also have covers on the three fantastic fans so they can be open in any weather. The bathroom fan will almost always remain open (but off) when going down the road as well.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:06 AM   #6

On my 06 Revolution I open the rear vent without the fan on while I drive. (yes I do have covers) I have found the heat from the engine tends to heat up the bathroom area even with the ac on as we run down the road The open vent (with closed bathroom doors) keeps the heat down quite well. Most noticeable when we reach our stop and it takes much less time to cool the bathroom area.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:35 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a ceiling fan in the bedroom.....would not be without it!

2021 Tiffin Allegro Bus 35cp, 2014 Cadillac SRX toad
36PFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:22 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I keep the 1/2 bath on at night as it is a little quieter than the back bath fan. Open the bedside window and get a little breeze at night very nice. Now how to keep those pesky little knats from gathering on the window getting through the screen. Those little buggers are everywhere here at Lake Havasu this time of year.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:54 AM   #9

I have 3 Dometic Brisk II air conditioners. I set the thermostat zone[s) to whatever is appropriate, select MODE = Fan, choose fan speed via FAN button. This is a closed loop and doesn't use outside air unless you open a window.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:13 PM   #10

Here is a flash from the past - our coach has a "central vent". This vent is on the top of the coach (of course) about center length but this vent you can't see from inside. It sits inside the duct work on the suction side and when I set the temp on the thermostat I hear the lid open and then feel the suction through the return vents. I crack a couple windows and its great.
Not sure when they stopped offering this but it is a great tool to keep cool. I leave my bathroom FF closed during this.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, fan