RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2017, 02:05 PM   #1

Bedroom exit window partial replacement

Hello all,

Was driving this week and, at some point, part of the bedroom egress window fell out. The window is two panes - a fixed upper pane, about 2/3 of the vertical surface, and a tilting lower pane for ventilation. It was the tilting lower pane that fell out. I did not see it fall out, we only found out after stopping.

I called Newmar and I can get a replacement lower pane or an entire new window. The problem is, I don't know if I have all the parts if I just order the lower pane. Newmar said they only have the lower pane and if the hinge hardware is missing, then I'll need to order an entirely new window. However, looking at he now-empty hole where the lower pane used to be, I do not see any pins, holes or other obvious point where that the upper part of the pane would attach to the frame.

Is anyone familiar with this type of window and knows how they are attached? A picture of the hinge portion of the tilting pane would be very helpful - I haven't been able to find anything on Google and haven't been able to find another source for this type of window.

Thanks!

Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2017, 02:22 PM   #2

Probably makes a difference depending on which year & model?

grumpytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:43 PM   #3

Thought it was in my signature - 2008 All Star 4156
Old 04-13-2017, 10:24 AM   #4

Mine is a little older and may be different, but here is how it is built.

The hinge is screwed into the upper window frame with the screws hidden under a plastic molding in the middle. The lower glass is glued to the hinge. If you have a little 1/2" strip at the top of the opening that will swing in and out the hinge is probably OK. On mine there is a track glued to the lower part of the tip out glass that the opening arms go into, will the new lower glass include the track? Do you have another similar window on the other side to look at for comparison?
Old 04-13-2017, 06:19 PM   #5

Thanks! That is useful information. I appears there is nothing left of the hinge in the frame.

The replacement pane supposedly includes the track for the opening mechanism - I will have to call newmar tomorrow to see about the hinge.

Unfortunately that is the only window of this type in the RV.

Again, thanks!

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, window