RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2020, 02:05 PM   #1

Bedroom Mechanism Access BaystarSport

I have a new noise with my bedroom slide. Some clunking noise as I operate my bedroom slide on 2017 BaystarSport. I attempted to access what I assumed is the mechanism under the bed. The panel I thought was the access does not move the way I expected. I have attached a picture of what i thought was the access panel.

My question is: Am I right that this is the access panel and what do I need to do to get access?

What I thought as the access panel is section between the storage area with the hole in it.

Thanks in advance,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide Access..jpg
Views:	5
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	302076  
TeeVeeTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2020, 03:59 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I have a DS but, I strongly suspect that panel is your access. Otherwise, why the finger hole? If you look closely, you should find one, maybe two wood screws in the forward area (not crawling under the bed). One out, attempt to pull up at finger hole. Newmar puts those panels in tight so be forewarned.
TheRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:01 PM   #3

Yes, the motor is under there. There are screws holding it in place and they are hidden in the carpet.
AITG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:22 PM   #4

I am being stupid and not having any luck finding the screws, could someone tell me where the screws are located. I have pulled up several pieces of carpet with no luck. Are the screws on the side on the access tunnel or are they on the top of the panel?

Thanks,

Tim
Old 09-23-2020, 06:35 PM   #5

My Ventana looks the same but no screws... just lift it up from finger hole. Look all around the edge in the gray carpeted panel. You might try a magnetic around the edge to see if you sense a pull.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:21 AM   #6

I had a Bay Star Sport. There are wood screws holding the panels down. Note that you you should remove that center one, but also the ones on each side of that. The screws maybe drilled in such that are sunk into the carpet. As I recall there was only a few. The motor, gear and coupler are indeed under those panels.
aeroquality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:53 PM   #7

I finally found the one screw. It was located on the top of the panel about 12 inches from the finger hole. The magnet idea was the method that I used to find it. It took several tries as I would have placed the screw closer to the finger hole.

I want to thank all of that replies and gave me the assistance that I needed.