Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #1

Bedroom Slide Curb Side

Hi I want to ask this question again,maybe someone has a answer now

My 2005 Newmar DP 3910 has 4 slides
2 in the bed room. The bed sits sideways and is on the roadside/drivers slide, all the slide apparatus is under the bed.this slide is good.
The other slide out is on the curb side/passenger side and there is a dresser on this slide out.. There is only One support arm in the centre of this slide out .
The problem is when this slide is Out there is a gap at the Top of the seal on the inside towards the front of the RV.The bottom seals tight
I have looked around and there is no access Inside or outside to get at the slide apparatus . No where to make any adjustments.
I can get at the motor but that doesn't help.
Below the dresser are some drawers and I have taken these out to see if the slide out arm or anything is in there and there isn't.
I have read about saddles that can be adjusted on other slides but there is no way to get at any of this on this slide.
On the one arm that does come out there is just 1 shaft with stop nuts on it that control how far out it goes. Adjusting this wont help because
It already goes out far enough for the bottom to seal.. Only the top Front corner needs to go out about half an inch further.
Any ideas??

Thanks Dale
DaleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #2

Have to talked to Newmar customer service? These guys are very good and usually get back to you via email or phone without 24 hours. I have dealt with them several times with my own Mountain Aire.
esfritzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dale, did you find the Newmar slide spec which has instructions on how to adjust the controller.
This link will bring you to the Combination Slide out controller Service Manual about 3/4 down the page to page # 3..
The instructions will describe how controller works and how to adjust.
Follow the instructions by moving slide in and out until the top side meets the interior wall surface. You mentioned stop nuts on threaded rod make sure they are double nut locked tight.
Make sure nothing is on floor is blocking slides movement or behind the dress fascia.
If adjusting the pot in small increments does not pull top in than call Newmar repair for their advise.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #4

Hi

I was reading the links on different adjustments that can be made on different parts of the slide out system.
From what I see it talks about about an inner saddle adjustments, it says this only effects the slide out when it is out,
And it effects only the Top part of the slideout and how close or far it is from the inside wall. This sounds like the part that
Needs adjustment but there is No way to access any of the slideout apparatus. It must all be under the floor and above the ceiling
In the storage compartment. The floor is solid, no removable panels. And nothing removable in the storage bay either. This is the problem..
I will try calling Newmar on Monday and see what they have to say.

Thanks
Dale M
Old 03-29-2013, 04:03 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I do not believe the bedroom closet slide has the saddle,should give Newmar a call.
Some one else had your problem but can not find the results in a thread.
This is the thread that starts out with closet slide but winds up with the bed slide that was OP's problem.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Hi DaleM,
We have the same coach. My slide top is about 3/8" farther from the wall than the bottom when extended. I see no problem with this. The seal touches the wall all around the slide. There is no draft and no light passes into the coach when the slide is out.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #7

Hi Gary

On mine the top of the slide towards the rear seals good. It's the top of the slide out towards the front that doesn't seal. The rubber seal doesn't touch for about 2 feet. There is a gap and a big draft. I could add piece of weather stripping if need be, but I'm still trying to figure out if there is a way to actually get the one corner
Abit further out.

Thanks
Dale M
Old 03-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Than you may have this type of slide and you have stop rods with the control unit maybe in your linen closet.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #9

My slide on that side is slightly tilted to the right when viewed from outside in retracted position. I've had it adjust twice and it doesn't stay. I took it to one of Newmars premier dealers and they didn't have a clue.

I can get at the works on mine by either of two ways. There are 2 screws holding the panel directly under the arm. Remove them and the panel comes off by lifting it up. 2nd way Newmar told me I had to remove the rear dually and there is a panel there. They didn't mention the first way. I just figured it out. Still no way that I can see or my friend the RV tech can see to adjust the slide. I think the roller needs to be raises on that side. But I don't see and adjustment. Perhaps I could install a piece to raise the slide when retracted.
Houkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Houkie,The instructions are in this link for Newmar slides.
Here is a trouble shooting guide for slides.
Can you post some pictures of your slide mechanics so we can see what you have if its not like this set-up.
Make sure some old slipper or something else is not stuck under slide preventing the slide movement to open or close.
Do you use the locking bars to pull in slide to compress the seal when slide is closed?
Have you ever inspected the rods for adjusting slide stops for loose nuts or broken brackets.
Picture of rod attached to bracket.Bracket on outside slide wall base. Rod is locked to bracket with double nuts.
http://www.irv2.com/attachments/photopost/data/500
/007.JPG

Picture of stop nut of slide outward movement. Rod will travel through this bracket.
http://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...ta/500/010.JPG
Old 03-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
Than you may have this type of slide and you have stop rods with the control unit maybe in your linen closet.
Hi
That looks like the slide that has the bed on it and it looks like access was under the bed, my problem slide isn't the one with the bed on it.
My control unit is in the basement storage area mounted up top and the control unit for the kitchen counter slide is right beside it.

I'm sitting here thinking about it again and it's Like the slide out topper
Is holding the top from going out all the way, before the slide is all the way out you can push the top of the slide and it moves in and out freely but if the topper was so tight it might hold the top in abit, Probably not but its worth a look I think.

Hey Gary you have the same model. Does it appear there is any kind of adjustment anywhere that I'm missing?

Thanks
Dale
Old 03-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dale that can be a possibility if the tension is to tight on topper.
Its not something you would want to tackle you need help and there is instructions to do it in QT's.
The link above" post 10"" has pictures of the stop rods and there is instructions in the slide trouble guide on how to adjust them plus the rods double nuts near the slide out side bracket should be tight and bracket weld should be a good weld not broken as some have been.
The rod end to left of picture glides through hole of that bracket and single nut can be adjusted so slide will move out before it stops the slide, the nuts maybe could be moved inward to bring in top of slide inside.
All adjustments are minimal.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #13

Same problem on a Tiffin.

I have the same problem on a Tiffin Allegro Bus, 2005 model that I bought last week. On the curbside kitchen slide, the bottom front corner, when looking at the slide from inside the RV, is hard up to the outer wall but the top front corner is so far off the wall you can slide your fingers between the slide seal and wall seal. the dealer said he will " have a look at it, but they don't think there is anything they can do".

Great customer service for an RV we bought last week and has traveled 3 miles !

I can see the up/down adjustment on the slide rack and the stop bolt but I don't know where to start.
Any suggestions would be grateful.

Thanks
Richard.
Fort Myers
Richard and Hazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Richard you have a different slide system and the Tiffin forum does not have to many answers for their slide system problems. Allot of the questions on slides go unanswered.
Here is a thread about slide bolts braking.
You might look for the stop bolts and see if there is any adjustment left to allow your slide to move closer to the wall.
You can post on that forum and maybe someone will help you or give advise on how to get it fix with out having to go back to Red Bay, good luck wish I could help you.
Here is a Google search of Tiffin slide problems.