Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2016, 12:00 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Question Bedroom slide problem

2004 Dutchstar 4010
The day before yesterday I went to put out the bedroom slide and when I pushed the switch nothing happened and there was no green light on the switch. I tested for voltage at the switch and there was none. I tried the switch several times and eventually the green light did illuminate and the slide started to move (6 inches) and stopped. I hit the switch again and it came back in. I pushed it again and put pressure on the facia and the slide went out. The next morning the slide would not come back in and there was no green light on the switch. Eventually I put direct voltage from the coach batteries to the motor and the slide came in. When we got to our destination I had to apply direct voltage to the motor in order for it to move out. Any idea where to check?
thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2016, 12:07 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Question Bedroom slide will not move

2004 Dutchstar 4010
The day before yesterday I went to put out the bedroom slide and when I pushed the switch nothing happened and there was no green light on the switch. I tested for voltage at the switch and there was none. I tried the switch several times and eventually the green light did illuminate and the slide started to move (6 inches) and stopped. I hit the switch again and it came back in. I pushed it again and put pressure on the facia and the slide went out. The next morning the slide would not come back in and there was no green light on the switch. Eventually I put direct voltage from the coach batteries to the motor and the slide came in. When we got to our destination I had to apply direct voltage to the motor in order for it to move out.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:41 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Did you check for blown fuses?
Old 09-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #4

I would check my house batteries and also power connections to the motor to make sure grounds are good. Issue could also be with a bad switch.
So many places to check!
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Fuses are good. The main big slide opened without any problem.immediately after I got the bedroom slide opened.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:33 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I think the house batteries are ok as immediately after I opened the bedroom slide, I opened the big main slide without any problem. Just starting to troubleshoot and wil check the grounds.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:36 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I would pull the switch out and check all connections.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:41 PM   #8

I was told during our orientation last month to deploy the slides on AC voltage only. Why??? I have only deployed plugged-in or using generator.
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:01 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
To eliminate any problems with low batteries always have shore line plugged in when operating slides.
The slide switch can have a problem and the spring contacts do not return to normal.
In QT's 1 & 2 you have slide operation links to explain, here is one about the switch which is on page # 5 of old slide spec.
For people interested here is the new slide spec.
This link will lead you to slide parts for replacement.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide