Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2019, 12:58 PM   #1

Belly Door Gas Props?

Quick question. Does anyone have numbers and a place to get the belly door gas props that are used on our 2004 Essex 4502? I have a couple that are weak and should be replaced. I'm sure that I can call Newmar, but was wondering about other vendors for the parts...

Thanks!
Tom in Okeechobee, FL
TractorTom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2019, 03:06 PM   #2

If you can read the numbers on the side of the struts, you can google them and order from Amazon or a host of other sources. If you cannot read the numbers, call Newmar and ask them for the specs (length of travel, pounds of force) and then go to Amazon. You can order them from Newmar, but you can most likely get them cheaper elsewhere. Pricing is kind of hit and miss at Newmar. When I needed the straps for my window awnings, they were the same price as Amazon. When I replaced the wiper motor, Newmar wanted $400+ and I bought it from Amazon for $112. They have always been very helpful over the phone even to the point of suggesting that I could find something cheaper elsewhere.
890ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:24 PM   #3

We are here at Newmar factory and we just went to the parts store to purchase the door prop rods and they 14$. There is no shipping charge when getting Newmar parts so a call to Newmar on Monday should get the rods within a week or less. We purchased 2 extra because they get bent and after a couple years need to be replaced.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:04 AM   #4

I actually found the best price from Newmar and have replaced several. Some of mine required a bit of contortion to read the number off the cylinder. I took a photo and blew it up to read it.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, gas