RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2016, 03:01 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Best build days to be at factory?

We got our official build days! Start of build is 10/20 with anticipated off-line/ship date of 11/11. I was thinking of flying up for part of build, so what part and how many days should I look at coming up for?

Thanks!

Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You will need to find out exactly what days it's in the main production building. That's where you can see it on the daily 10a/1p tours. It will only be in that building for 4-5 days. Progress is very fast and impressive and visible days 1-3 (ish).

HTH

Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 04:59 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
If you call Newmar they will tell you when your unit goes into Bldg 7 try to get there for the first 2 days,you will see the most action,after four days it's off to paint, this can take 14 to 21 days then back to bldg 7 for awnings then check out systems then shipping,there seems to be a back up in transporting,
Ac Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:18 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac Man View Post
If you call Newmar they will tell you when your unit goes into Bldg 7 try to get there for the first 2 days,you will see the most action,after four days it's off to paint, this can take 14 to 21 days then back to bldg 7 for awnings then check out systems then shipping,there seems to be a back up in transporting,
Thanks! Is there a particular number or person to call? We live in Orlando and with hurricane Matthew I should have plenty of time tomorrow to make a call & get more details.

Appreciate it!
Old 10-06-2016, 08:33 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I strongly recommend going for ALL of the days that it is in assembly (4 to 5 days).
As others have said, the early days you can really see the inner construction of your unit and take as many pictures as you like.
The advantage of the later days is the opportunity to make sure everything is correct. Are all your specials completed? Is the furniture and decor correct? Newmar is very good about getting these things right but sometimes things get messed up. Better to catch it at build time than find a problem when it arrives at the dealer.

I think you can call customer service with your build number and find out the schedule. If you don't know your build number, your dealer should be able to provide it to you.
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:41 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It was worth it for me to go and I caught a couple miscues and met great people on the line that helped me out. I posted my build on here. you will only see it during the tours but only really in morning tour as they winding down during the PM tour.
BGDDYRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 04:54 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Starting Nov they only do the 10an tour
Ac Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:24 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Called this morning and found out goes into building 7 on 10/19 and leaves for paint the morning of 10/25. They said though there's a good chance it could even leave for paint on 10/24 in afternoon. Going to look at flights now. Once there where is best place to stay? Ship date is 11/11, counting down the days now!
Old 10-07-2016, 08:06 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudelt View Post
Called this morning and found out goes into building 7 on 10/19 and leaves for paint the morning of 10/25. They said though there's a good chance it could even leave for paint on 10/24 in afternoon. Going to look at flights now. Once there where is best place to stay? Ship date is 11/11, counting down the days now!
There are 2 motels within a mile of the Newmar plant, Nappanee Inn and The Inn at Amish Acres. We have never stayed there but most people seem unimpressed.

We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Goshen and Elkhart South. Both are about 15 miles away.

When you are in Nappanee, be sure to stop by the Newmar Kountry Klub office and say hi to Linda. Also, if you stop by the campground area you can probably find some Newmar owners more than happy to share their RV experiences with you. If you are an early riser, stop by the Customer Service Building next to the campground on Monday or Tuesday around 6:30 or 7 AM, There should be several Newmar owners inside having morning coffee.
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:31 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I stayed at the Best Western in Goshen 900 Lincolnway E, Goshen, IN, 46526
Tel: 1 (574) 533-0408, Fax: 1 (574) 971-8606 clean with hot breakfast easy drive to factory

Did not like the conditions in either INN at Nappannee
BGDDYRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:26 AM   #11

Do they have "let's get out of here Friday" or "Hangover Monday?
Sehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:04 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
For anyone that has done afternoon 1pm tour, how long does it typically last? I'm looking at booking my flights in & out of Southbend & seeing how late to fly back after afternoon tour.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2016, 10:54 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My afternoon tours always lasted as long as morning - up to an hour. On the last day that our coach was inside, we stayed even longer to look at it all :-)
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:43 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYRV View Post
It was worth it for me to go and I caught a couple miscues and met great people on the line that helped me out. I posted my build on here. you will only see it during the tours but only really in morning tour as they winding down during the PM tour.
Bill,
Just curious what miscues did you find? Might helpful when I'm up at factory to know what possibly could be something to look for.